Dont Put That Weed in The Bowl - A Life Discussion

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by SirSativa, Sep 8, 2013.

1. The Setting: It's Friday Night, we're watching netflix. I'm grinding up some nice Norther Star I picked up earlier in the day. I open the grinder and dump its contents onto the foam plate in front of me. I pick up the bowl from the table. I reached for the weed, I can feel it's soft fluffy exterior. I gently pick up a nice amount. I carefully bring it to the bowl floating nearby. Right as my mind has decided to drop the weed into the bowl, it happens! :eek: 

"DON'T PUT THAT WEED IN THE BOWL!!!" :eek: He says to me with such passion.  "Uh..Why?" :smoking:  I replied curiously. "Because it's not bowl weed, it's bong weed."  :bongin: 

This moment sparked a somewhat lengthy, stoned as shit conversation, about how some weed just needs to be smoked one way to maximize it's potential or you'll be losing out in the long run...etc..etc..

So, in your opinion are there some strains that just need to be smoked in the bong because it's almost a waste to smoke it in a bowl? 

If so, Why? What is your reasoning behind smoking different weeds in specific ways?

:wave:
    -SS

2. Dank in Water Pipe/Bong

Mid Grade/Beasters
    In Pipe,blunt joint,bat,glass blunt etc etc...

(Don't smoke the brown poo poo or low grade seedy stem-my Brick,buy the Dank
    Quality over Quantity whenever Possible,grow your own if your broke like myself its not hard to do,more than you can ever smoke hah-hah-hah.

3. I've never thought about that.

I just really like bowls

4. yeah i find the denser weed is better for spoons while fluffy is for the bongs, for me its all about getting a nice even burn. 

5. Bong rips are ways fun, but bubblers would have to he my favorite.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I would say a stickier bud is best for bowls or bongs. The sticky stuff wont smole once rolled. But fluffy even low grade burns bettee rolled. Its all preference but with the bong you get more power cause its cooled smoke so denser or sticky bud is good for that situation. Totally right about diff bud smoke better diff ways.

Sent from my XT555C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. If I have really flavorful weed, I'll use the vape. Other than that, I don't really think about it.

8. I normally roll my dank tight and if then pack the shake with some keef in the bowl and blazed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Never occured to me, I just use whatever is at my disposal in terms of smoking devices; papers, pipes, bongs...I've never really had a strong preference.

10. this

11. I've personally observed that if I smoke out of a bong I do seem to need less weed to get more high. Maybe it's cause I can take bigger hits with a water piece then just a bowl .

12. Gbs work for all types of bud

13. not really, usually i chose the type of hit i want with the piece that i select, doesnt matter quality of herb.

14. It's bongs all day, every day for me, when the opportunity is there. But when on the go or in public, glass is nice but blunts/joints are often more convenient for their portability

15. I've never even given that any thought, and I probably won't.  I just smoke out of whatever is available and I want to use most.

16. #16 -Martyr, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    I enjoy experimenting with the different highs you get from smoking out of difference devices and mediums, but I think outside of personal preference and the aforementioned reason, you're really just making the experience (or at least the routine) way more convoluted than it needs to be. I've never said "this is bong weed" versus "this is bowl weed"; it's personal preference. Smoking blunts and doing bong rips gives me that sinister high which is great for when Fridays roll around and my 40 day work week is over for the weekend. If I want to get really high, but with minimal work I will use the bubbler or roll a joint. If I'm looking to be more mellow with none of the internal side-effects, I'll use the vape. I don't personally believe strains have individualized genes that affect the process of smoking/combustion, just the experience. For instance certain strains have much more expansion after the initial inhalation, some taste differently and anywhere from fruity to like your favorite desert. Density is another one of those characteristics, but ground up properly, density doesn't amount to much. Anything and everything can be ground finely.

17. I like to switch it up bong or bowl don't really give a shit, I'll get more weed again sometime in my life

18. For me its glass bong at home and old school bong in the car or at work. Sometimes ill chill with a j with friends. Its not about the type of weed for me its where I am lol

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I close my eyes and pick oneSent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: