Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dont make fun of me for this...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by brinny123, Jul 23, 2011.

1. I've been smoking for six months or so now. But recently, my dad told me when he was younger that he was "allergic" to weed and his throat closed shut from smoking it. Now when i smoke I get extremely nervous, my throat starts to burn, and i feel like its closing... but its not. I've convinced myself that when i smoke, I basically cant breathe. Now I really enjoy smoking and i dont really wanna stop now because of some silly thing thats all in my head. Tips? :confused:

2. Get an allergy shot once a month?

3. Smoke More. Naw lol just know that its probably not true and continue on.

4. Trust me man, you are on the floor coughing and choking when your throat closes up. Your throat just burns from the harsh smoke, you are all right, you aren't allergic. Just stay calm and know your limits

5. "Um, sir, did you just say you want an allergy shot for marijuana?

"Yes, indeed I did,"

That sounds like it would go well.

6. I can imagine that conversation...
    Doctor: what do you need an allergy shot for?
    Me: dont ask questions. just stab me.

7. Im a girl:(

8. "Hi doctor I'm allergic to marijuana but ive only been smoking with no consequence for 6 months can I pay you money to get a shot I don't need"

If you haven't experienced any throat closing than you're obviously not allergic :confused:

9. see. I KNOW i'm not allergic. but when i think about it, i get all paranoid haha. i cant help it D:

10. Mind over matter.

11. You're silly. Its obvious what your dad is doing.

Smart on his part though lol

12. Mind over matter. Gotta train yourself haha good luck

13. #13 markdagurl, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lol now that's funny you just gotta tell yourself before smoking that you not allergic mind over matter....watch something funny so you mind will be off of it

14. It's some mild anxiety. Just put on some music and don't think about it. Look up some breathing exercises. You're most likely not allergic or your throat would have closed up blazing early on in your "career."

15. Carry an EpiPen for safekeeping.

16. i try. If i'm with a lot of people i'm fine. but if im smoking alone then my mind wanders to bad things:/ thanks though:) comedy central is definitely a life saver ;)

17. Do some deep breathing exercises to calm yourself down before and after you smoke. Give it a try and see if it helps:)

18. Is anything about this telling you 'no way'?

Because if not, I just, well...I just don't know what we can do here.:cool:

19. im confused, thc opens airways?!

20. Its true. Your throat can close up.. and it will be scary. :devious:;)

Edit; Snack on some pretzels/nuts