Don't Know What to Do

Discussion in 'General' started by CptCannibas420, May 27, 2012.

1. (Disclaimer: Pretty depressing, and pretty damn whiny, but if you feel like heling read on)

Well here it is. Today I realized I'm not doing what I want with my life. My twin brother and I have been sucking my parents dry at college. We already don't have enough money for this as it is, yet they're paying for our rent, bills, my brothers car, and our tuition. We can't even keep our grades high enough to get the state issued scholarships for a 3.0. We just finished our freshman year, and our college fund (from my mom dying last year) is gone. They're still paying for us (and taking out loans they think I don't know about), but in reality, I'm not happy here. Sure it's fun to hang with friends and stuff, but at the end of the day, were ruining our family. My brother is a stubborn asshole that just feels like milking it for all it's worth, while I feel the opposite.
    I feel as though it's time to make a change and go home and work. Is it worth us going to college for my family to go bankrupt (again). I want to make a change, but my dad won't let me, and my brother doesn't want me too. I was supposed to get my car back this week from the shop after a year and a half from my brother burning up my clutch among other things. Find out today we can't afford it.
    My bro says I'm always pissed for no reason, when in reality it's because his ass breaks my car and leaves me out to dry, and spends all his cash (that my parents give him) on stupid shit so when my dad calls and asks why our bills are so high (from him turning the ac on all the way and taking 20 minute showers) he doesn't have to pay for it. I do.
    I'm done taking my parents for granted and taking their money.

Any inputs appreciated. Sorry for the uber long post blades.

2. I see two options.

A; Succeed in college, get a useful degree, and go get a career, so your parents money wasn't given to you in vain.

B; If you're deliberately not trying, and just going to fail because of your stupidity/apathy, then get the fuck out of college, go home, and stop wasting your parents money. If your brother refuses to try and keeps milking the situation, just tell your parents what he is really doing at college.

I would just go for choice A in this case.

3. Just do good in school that would solve everything. Man I wish my parents would have done the same but i've been paying every bill since I was 18. School is on my shoulders (as it should be) I cannot believe the amount of kids who get to go to school rent and all on mommy and daddys bank.

Just do good in school and be happy your parents want you to have it better then they did.

4. Your parent's are doing all that stuff because they love you and want to see you and your brother become successful. I'm sure they don't even think twice about it, why not show them gratitude by doing your best in school? Get a part time job so you can pay for some of your stuff so it's not too hard on them?

5. if you try hard thats all that matters
    tell your parents about your brother so that they aint wasting thier money

6. I completely agree.

... You're kidding me right? Anyone strapped for cash is definitely thinking about it, it's irresponsible not to.