Dont just decriminalize, legalize

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by legalizeit21, Feb 26, 2013.

1. If all we did was decriminalize, kids would get pot just as easy, and drug dealers would still make just as much money. Legalize but dont condone

2. Ok i'll get right on that.

3. U dont have to be a dick about it

4. glad you were here to educate us

5. I guess stoners aren't chill anymore

6. Based on seventy years of failed prohibition, and the outstanding success of alcohol legalization, I think it's now pretty obvious that the best thing for society would be to legalize marijuana like beer and wine and to ban the advertising of alcohol, marijuana, tobacco and junk food.

7. Well said well said

8. When Obama was asked during an interview about marijuana legalization and how it would help the economics, and he just ignored the question.

9. You're just preaching to the choir here, man. Bound to encounter some sarcasm. :p

10. Isn't that what a this forum basically is? Every post is pretty similar

11. Not really... This specific forum is for discussion of things related to legalization/activism.

I'm not saying you're wrong to come in here saying "legalize!" but most people here already agree with legalization so it's kinda... you know... like I said, preaching to the choir. ;)

12. I've seen enough arguing people on behalf of decriminalization in here that mentioning again that legalization is the true fix is worth stating again in case anyone missed it. ;)

But ya, you're preaching to the choir. :D

13. it's like going on to an assault weapons forum and saying guns shouldnt be banned...

14. It's true, I've heard a fair amount of people say that they're for decriminalization but not legalization because they don't want "the government to get involved with weed".

I think a lot of those people don't realize that decriminalizing weed doesn't make it legal, it doesn't even mean you won't get some sort of consequence if you're caught with it.

Possession of one ounce or less of marijuana is decriminalized in my state which means that you won't be arrested for it, but you'll still get a hefty fine if you're caught.

I, for one, am not okay with paying up to $1000 because I got caught with some dried plant matter. :p

15. banning alcohol and junk food from advertising and the only people left to advertise would be lawyers, cars, tv networks and infomericals!

16. Decriminalization is still 10,000,000 times better then $500 in fines, court, misdemenor and a few weeks in jail or months probation and $500 fees

17. #17 floating_by, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
    Insane fines can still be levied under a system of decriminalization.
    I think it was an Eastern Block country in Europe that "decriminalized" but the fines would have been something like $3500 for a single joint. Can't afford to pay? Guess where you end up anyway?

Laws can be bastardized in the way they are written that can take the concept of "decriminalization" and turn it into the same jumbled mess we have under prohibition.

Don't fall asleep under a false sense of security just because they changed the name of the game.
    We have 26 drug task forces in my state. :rolleyes:
    We are a "decriminalized state." ;)
    This "decriminalized" state's supreme court ruled that BONG WATER can be used to charge you with added weight if caught with paraphernalia. On and on...

18. Decriminalization is definitely better, but I think legalization is even better yet. :smoking:

19. Ban the advertising? You're joking, right? Mr. Freedom over here talking about banning what people can advertise?

I'm seriously at a loss for words here. Look, I probably hate advertisements more than anything, but I'm sure as hell not gonna go around banning them.

20. What we REALLY need is to take back our privacy rights. Then you'll be able to grow whatever you want in your house or on your land and not have to worry about some prick messing with you. Problem solved.