Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Don't hate on 4/20

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by deathbyzen, Apr 20, 2012.

1. It's a holiday to celebrate and appreciate Marijuana. I know it has it's detractors and there's different reasons for the hate but think of it like Thanksgiving. It's a symbolic holiday meant to bring together family and friends. You don't even have to smoke up, if anything the best thing to do on 4/20 is get someone you know to try it for the first time.

Anyway, just my thoughts, Happy 420 all :D :wave:

2. Unfortunately my family doesn't make a thanksgiving meal on 4/20

3. should i smoke out my stepdad and mom tonight?

4. i lol'd

5. its just another day for me

6. The answer is yes. The answer has always been yes. :p

7. 420 is cool and all until you have lived through enough of them. Then you realize it's just another day that ends in "Y". For many of us it's not hate, it's just life.

If you're in school 420 should be the day that you put all your "cover up" lessons to good use.

And ya definately break out the stash for the famly. Hell, invite the grandparents over too.

8. its not meant to be a holiday, its meant to be a day to protest the governments prohibition of cannabis, but due to cannabis getting you high and shit, it brings people together

9. That's kind of a vague question but if they're for it why not?

10. Exactly, unfortunately over the years it has lost its true meaning. When I was younger I went to the true 420 "protests" but then society turned it into "smoke weed day" and the true meaning started to get lost in the haze.

11. You don't get work and school off either, another day business as usual.

12. as long as more and more people are smoking weed, then we are in a way getting closer to the orginal cause of day indirectly. the more people that smoke, the better chances we have for it to not be ingnored, and hopefully, eventually legalized.

13. you either smoke or you don't smoke, you either celebrate or you don't but i don't think you should be judging no matter what. either way imma try to celebrate it's funny though today this morning i wasn't high n this kid i knew was blazed off his ass and we was in geometry and i was fucking with him and i said "man i'm so hungry" and like naturally hungry and everything and he's like "dude me to." lol and everyone fucking lol'd it was hilarious.

14. People smoke all day everyday, you can walk around town and pass multiple people smoking. So just smoke and don't make it seem like its a political movement.

15. [quote name='"Dutchmaster617"']

People smoke all day everyday, you can walk around town and pass multiple people smoking. So just smoke and don't make it seem like its a political movement.[/quote]

Its a fuckin protest, it is political lol

I can smoke whenever I want, what makes 420 different is that its showing the govt people can gather and smoke, and nothing bad happens lol

16. yeah man I feel the same about christmas. I've participated in more christmases than 420s so it is even worse. People buy me gifts but I don't get them any so when they tell me that's inconsiderate I just say "it's just life, man. Just another day that ends in 'S'."

Word.

17. Exactly. That 420 smokeout in Boulder every year (dont think they had one this year) Is a GIANT middle finger to the war on drugs and all the lies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. #18 TheWhiteLighter, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    No worries I sense your sarcasm. Difference is you don't get Christmas presents everyday do you?

The way I see it is if your not going to a protest of some kind 420 related then it really is just a day that ends in Y. Do you smoke everyday or multiple times a week or month? If you do then there really isn't anything different about it is there?

Am I going to smoke today? For sure. Is it because it is a particular date? No. It's because I smoke every day or night anyway.

19. [quote name='"lemonade AK47"']

Exactly. That 420 smokeout in Boulder every year (dont think they had one this year) Is a GIANT middle finger to the war on drugs and all the lies.

[/quote]

There are a few new areas people are gathering, I'm in the area of where the old one happened and its a mad house out here lol, cops all over the fuckin place