dont get it. THC and drug tests.

Discussion in 'General' started by nessa6565, Oct 23, 2009.

1. ok so as far as my knowledge of drug testing goes, when testing for cannabis use, THC is what is actually tested for. now it's said that it can be detected in urine for 3 to 5 days up to 30 days. well THC has a half life of up to 59 hours so after 118 hours or 5 days, THC should be completely gone. so if you quit smoking for 5 days shouldn't you be completely clear of all THC in your system? :confused:

2. THC is stored in fat cells isn't it? That's how they can bust you for it being in your system so long.

3. THC is fat soluble yes but if it's atomic break down takes 5 days it shouldn't matter where it's being stored should it?

4. I'm not sure on that...

5. Urine Testing for Detection of Marijuana: An Advisory

6. whoever invented drug test can go fuck themselves.

but i wish THC was out of your system in 5 days instead of a month

7. #7 nessa6565, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    ok so they look for a specific metabolite of THC and after 5 days 80% to 90% of that is gone. I still can't see how it would take up to a month for the other 10% to 20% to be gone and of that 10% to 20% around 20% of that is expelled through urine and the other in feces so it would seem even less is detected in urine.

8. Yeah, as mentioned before, THC remains in your fat for much longer than your organs/systems.

It's pretty much there 'til that fat gets burned. Bear in mind you're burning even miniscule amounts of fat nearly 24/7.

9. #9 nessa6565, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    yah but it shouldnt matter where it's being stored. atomic decay is going to happen no matter what.

EDIT: here's why it stays in you're system for so long. 9-carboxy-THC, the metabolite of THC that is detected in drug tests has a half life of 30 to 120 days so technically you can have detectable amounts of 9-carboxy-THC in your system for 240 days.

/thread.

10. Fat probably has some sort of preservation effect.

Like salt and meat.

11. THC does not break down by nuclear fission (thank God:eek:) it is broken down by enzymes in our liver, well, your liver, my poor liver does not have any THC:(

Tetrahydrocannabinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. why dont you go buy a piss test
    and try out your theory
    smoke your self up then in 5 days test yourself out
    then you can prove to your self that your right

13. ok this helps. i was unsure of how THC broke down and just went off of it's half life and it's metabolites half life.

14. im not worried about passing a drug test, i would just use a substitution if i had to. i was just generally curious and had some questions. :)

15. I was actually wondering the same thing a week or so ago haha so i just wanted to see if youd experiment so Id know haha

16. hah. if drug test kits weren't $20 i'd prob be willing to. rather spend the $20 on more weed and if i had weed it'd be pretty hard to stop smoking for 5 days. lol.

17. oh man a test of will is upon me
    Im going to have 2-3 oz of my own home grown and i cant smoke it till the 12th cause i have a drug test the 11th

18. good luck! i really need to start growing my own weed.

19. Itl just make that first session o so much better!
    And very informing thread, was wondering about how it stores for so long. I do know that drinking water, large amounts makes the entire process faster. As your metabolism speeds up, and you start burning these cells faster... Also eating smalled meals constantly might help to, as it will keep your metabolism at its peak for the entire day...