Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Don't enjoy smoking unless I have a tolerance, advice?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Nathan, Sep 2, 2017.

1. So for the last 9 years I've been a on and off, die hard pot head. I used to be the type of guy who would take tolerance breaks in order to get super high, now I'm the opposite. A year or 2 ago I realized that when I smoke with no tolerance, I get anxious, uncomfortable, feel like I'm doing a hard drug and it's just all around too intense, even when I only smoke a little. On the flip side, when I do have a tolerance, I love smoking with all my heart. It feels normal, not a big deal, relaxes me to a point that nothing else can compare to, you guys know what I mean. Even if I don't have bud for a few days, I usually don't enjoy the first couple times smoking after picking up a bag. Over the last few months I haven't been able to find any and had no money, but I recently got a full time job. I saved up enough money and my girlfriend and I went to Colorado for a week but because of this issue I wasn't able to enjoy getting high as much as I normally do. I wanted to be high 24/7, I wanted to eat 4 edibles a day and smoke at least a quarter while I was there. Through the whole week I ate 5 thc camels, took 4 THC pills and only smoked like a gram. I had to throw 2 grams and 6 THC pills away before my flight home :'(. One of my friends might be able to find me a 1/4 this week, and with how much I work I'm sure it'd last me a few weeks, so wish me luck. I even tried 1:1 THC:CBD strains and while that helped a little, it wasn't much. I guess I'm not exactly looking for practical advice, I'm more just venting and looking for your experiences with this issue and how you overcame it. I wish it wasn't like this, I loved my first time getting high and didn't have this problem until 2 or 3 years ago. It almost seems like for me it has to almost be habitual in order for me to enjoy it =/. Thanks for reading! Please continue the conversation in the replies below :)

2. We are all so envious of your reverse tolerance problem that nobody is gonna respond how you want them to. i.e. it's not a problem at all. I mean do you realize people like me can smoke any amount of wax/weed and I'll be like "meh". What drug is like that? Whatever your tolerance, you can always do more, right? Nope, not with weed. And that pisses me off. And likely others too. So saying you wish you had a long lasting / permanent tolerance is kind of BS.

3. I see it completely differently than you, from my own experience I like having a higher tolerance sure I require more to get higher but to be able to chill, have a conversation and go out into the world and function it's a blessing and a curse.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Smoke strains with higher CBD than THC. Smoke less. You could smoke high thc and be fine if you train your mindset, it's all in your head. With the right mindset, practice, and time you'd be amazed at what your brain is capable of.

In the short term though the first two suggestions I made should help make for a more enjoyable/comfortable experience.