Dont buy pizza stone

Discussion in 'General' started by rao34189, Feb 4, 2014.

1. It doesn't do anything to the pizza if you've been told so. And no, wife bought it, hoping it would. After experimenting and trying out many times to bake our own self-made pizzas, it failed to do whatever it is "supposed to do". Stick with the good ol' pizza pan.

2. #2 Full-Time Mexican, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    [quote name="rao34189" post="19463800" timestamp="1391529234"]It doesn't do anything to the pizza if you've been told so. And no, wife bought it, hoping it would. After experimenting and trying out many times to bake our own self-made pizzas, it failed to do whatever it is "supposed to do". Stick with the good ol' pizza pan.[/quote]You're on that stuff and you're not doing it right.Preheat oven for like 20 - 30 mins with that bad boy in there.Then put pizza on stone.Stone retains heat, and keeps heat even when the oven cycles off. Result: bomb ass pizza.

3. [quote name="Full-Time Mexican" post="19463859" timestamp="1391529873"]You're n that stuff and you're not doing it right.Preheat oven for like 20 - 30 mins with that bad boy in there.Then put pizza on stone.Stone retains heat, and keeps heat even when the oven cycles off. Result: bomb ass pizza.[/quote]Bomb ass pizza son Omega369 :wave:

4. Geez I love my pizza stone! Just about anything I bake that's frozen goes on there.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Hell ya pizza stones work amazing. Just baked some bomb ass cookies on that bitch last night. 

6. [quote name="StonerMomWard" post="19463964" timestamp="1391531212"]Geez I love my pizza stone! Just about anything I bake that's frozen goes on there.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]This. It's not like the stone has magic properties. It's science.Even the best of consumer level ovens cycle on and off. This makes for a ±10 degree fluctuation in oven temp. In cheap ovens (like in most apartments) the departure from the set temp can be 30 degrees! Keeping the stone in the oven at all times helps to regulate the temp when the oven is cycling.

7. Threads makin me hungry as fuck

8. But also! Fuck spending $40 on a 'pizza' stone at bed,bathnbeyond.Find out what stone it is made of and go to your local stone lot (gravel and pavestone dealer) and buy the same stone intended for paving.... wash it very well and you have yourself a $5 gourmet pizza stone.

9. [quote name="black sabbath" post="19463982" timestamp="1391531430"]Threads makin me hungry as fuck[/quote]Ditto. Frozen pizza time!

10. Am I the only one who doesn't know wtf a pizza stone is?Do they sell these in Canada?Omega369 :wave:

11. [quote name="Omega369" post="19464088" timestamp="1391532964"]Am I the only one who doesn't know wtf a pizza stone is?Do they sell these in Canada?Omega369 :wave:[/quote]Its a modern hearth stone. In the old ages the hearth (fireplace aka ye olde oven) was made of stone to retain cooking heat and keep temperature somewhat stable.

12. Fuck you, you can't tell me what to do, I'm an adult! Now I'm gonna buy ten of em'.

13. [quote name="UnsuspiciousUsername" post="19464336" timestamp="1391536311"]Fuck you, you can't tell me what to do, I'm an adult! Now I'm gonna buy ten of em'.[/quote]I know, right?!? Since reading this I can't get the thought of buying a pizza stone out of my head. I have to buy one meow! Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #15 UnsuspiciousUsername, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    OP is a pizza stone sales rep. Scum of the earth.

15. I love making homemade pizza, been trying to get something close to frank pepe's dough ever since moving down south (sorry southerners but you can't make pizza for shit,) anyways I think the whole point of the stone is to make the pizza dough cook even with the toppings. Just crank that oven up all the way with the stone in there for about an hour before you put the pie in and you should be good. 

16. #17 Full-Time Mexican, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    [quote name="Purple420" post="19464445" timestamp="1391537250"]I love making homemade pizza, been trying to get something close to frank pepe's dough ever since moving down south (sorry southerners but you can't make pizza for shit,) anyways I think the whole point of the stone is to make the pizza dough cook even with the toppings. Just crank that oven up all the way with the stone in there for about an hour before you put the pie in and you should be good. [/quote]Oh ok, i bet you're an east coast loudmouth wise-ass. Go back to new yawk or boston or where ever.Funny how people talk mad shit about the south (specially texas) yet texas' population keeps skyrocketing with northeners and californians.

17. Dude, that sucks. You're getting Californians? I'm sorry to hear.

18. [quote name="UnsuspiciousUsername" post="19464518" timestamp="1391538109"]Dude, that sucks. You're getting Californians? I'm sorry to hear.[/quote]Fuck yeah we are dude. Dated this chick from the LBC and she wouldn't stop cmplaining about texas. Its too hot, its too cold, there's too many mexicans, blah blah blah... yet she was suckin n fuckin this mexican dick. Driving 9 miles one way every night to my apartment to get her shit railed for two or three hours. Yeah.

19. Sounds like a real charmer.