Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Doing my first run soon, have questions about my process.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Shady-D, Jul 20, 2012.

1. So, I'm getting ready to a run very soon. I'm using some really nice buds everything in that department is good to go. I have power 7x refined butane, pretty sure it's all chill there too. I got a glass extractor, and a outside area to do all of this.

So, my questions...

1. When I run my bud, should I break it up, grind it fine, or if they're popcorn sized dense nugs, leave them whole? I will be using a half ounce. Should I do one glass tube with all of it? or smaller tubes in multiple runs? Whaddup, halp meh out.

2. Now, I have both options of vacuum sealing and whipping, which is the preferred method, which one will give me a more dry, less waxy consistency? I don't care if it turns out like shatter either. Chea boi, I luhh dabskis.

Basically, I want suggestions. I wanna take some really good bud and come out with some really good BHO.

Peace.

2. pm me on how it goes :) i am thinking of doing this also!! don't know if using pvc tube is safe though. hope you get the help!! look up video on youtube they will mostlikely tell you

3. PVC is not safe.

OP good luck but i'm no expert

4. you need to grind it up REALLY fine like in a coffee grinder, but before you do that you need to let the bud get really dry (can get dehydrator for like 20$ or leave it out for a few days). I would say to do the most that can fit in, if it needs to be split do in 2 runs. After you run it purge it initially by placing the pyrex dish in another pyrex dish with hot water in it, then Vacuum purging will probably give you the cleanest product if done correctly :smoke:

5. No grinder, break up by hand or scissors into little bits.

Do 1 run, then take it out and break it up even more, and do a second run.

Wait for more experienced folks but thats what I got out of some research.

6. Could someone please explain this??

7. I have made A LOT of oil and you want the finest grind possible (better yield) that way you can pull everything in one run (cleaner product). If you are worried about the lost of the yield from the keif you can put it in with the bud and it will still get extracted.

8. I've heard not to grind it at all because you lose trichs in the process, just cut 'em up with scissors into popcorn nugs that AREN'T dense cause you want to expose the trichs. good luck, add kief or hash for extra dank yield.

9. I have gotten high yields with using a coffee grinder, so clearly it is not a bad thing

10. Thats what I heard, but if you have a grinder with no chambers/catchers then you should be golden. Just smack everything out pretty hardly on a dish.

11. the butane actually splits open the thrichs so it does not matter if they are messed up, all of the oils are still there. Drying it is important because it gets all of the water out which reduces the effectiveness of butane as a solvent.

12. i didn't say it's a bad thing, it's just not the best thing..

13. I am saying that it IS the best thing, if this was bubble hash we were talking about it would be a bad thing, but it is BHO so it is a good thing.