Doing drugs with parents?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by See Emily Play, Jan 27, 2010.

1. well apparently my mom smoked weed and took "ludes" on occasion in the 70s but her and my dad we always more into alcohol. when i was younger they were against drugs. i was sent to a rehab center when i was 16 because they thought i was shooting heroin and worshipping satan but the hardest thing i had done (at least up to that point) was LSD. but the older i got the more chill they got. now they're both very pro marijuana. they don't smoke but they think it should be legalized. they were telling me that if it was legal they might do it, however i did get my mom to eat some space cake in Amsterdam. they know i smoke weed and they're totally cool with it. i have epilepsy, social anxiety and depression so smoking weed really helps me and i guess they see the difference. these days i'm pretty open about that kind of stuff with them. they don't know everything i've done and i'd like to keep it that way but they know alot of it. i drink with them pretty regularly. my dad claims hes never tried weed but he seems pretty curious about it. i don't think it'll be long before the old man and i get a rotation going.

my cousin and i smoke weed together. its pretty fun getting stoned with family and cracking jokes about your other family members. my cousin likes pills too but they're not really my thing anymore.

2. Im 25, my parents are young, not even 50 yet, so they were only little kids in the 70's so they missed the "in" time. My mom is so clueless about pot but is not against it. Dad says he has never tried it but has had a contact high from it.

I think this spring I might try to pass a pipe to pops with my little brother during the spring fishing trip with the guys.

I just finished college and am living at home for a bit and about 4 months ago. Well mom found my stash. By find I mean she lifted up my hat next to my bed that had a packed bowl and my baggie:eek:.

She was super cool with it and it shocked me. We had a real talk about it. In the end she just wants me to be safe and be aware of my addictive personality (alcoholics on both sides).

All in all I think it would be a great time to smoke with them. However, I would not want to smoke with mom on her first try, I feel as though she would trip a little bit and f' my high.

Interesting thing to think about! + rep

3. First time I tried acid, My mom scored it for me!
    fuck I nearly forgot that one

I've done lines of coke with my mom and my two ex bosses.. Moms real lax (though shes not a pushover) and I didn't actually stand near her or anything, it was like real low key

I've smoked buds with her a few times..

All in all, I dont like that shit anymore, Family is family and drugs are drugs, I no longer mix the two

4. Just found my padre's stash.

5. If you see what it's doing to your dad why not practice some self control?

Like, my dad used to have a pill problem and so did i, but we both talked about it and now i only use my shit responsibly.

6. i think thats the case with my parents. there is alot of alcoholism on both sides of my family as well and i'll admit i like to drink but i really don't drink that often. i'm more of a social drinker and they know that. they'd rather me be safe at home stoned and playing guitar than me be drunk out around town.

eventhough they know i do it and they are cool with it i don't smoke in front of them. i've only smoked in front of them once and that was in Amsterdam so it felt totally natural but any other time it would probably make me a little uncomforatable. i also don't do in front of them as a some sort of subconcious sign of respect. if they walk in on me while i'm smoking i just try to make an effort to put it out or keep it out of sight.

7. dude is from Houston. this whole city is on pills. everyone in this city has either had or will have a pill problem at some point in their life. Houston is full of dirty docters and pill poppers. i used to be a little fiend for xanax and codeine but its under control now.

8. I read a trip report on Erowid once that someone wrote about doing acid with their father and it being an amazing bonding experience for them. I would love to do that someday but I'm not sure it would ever happen.

9. as chillin as my parents are i don't think i would ever trip acid with them. i don't even like being around them when i'm tripping, much less tripping with them

10. I said earlier in the thread I did 2c-b with my mom :p

11. Smoked the herb with my Father. Quite fun.

Never done other drugs with him however. I actually don't think he does anything else.

12. my mom and my stepdad both know, they are divorced and i smoke with both of them when i visit. Currently I am also their way of getting to it, Because the mutual friend they had that they got it from moved so they call me when they are out, lol. I am honest with them, it has not strained our relationship, It's made it a bit better actually, cause when they are high, they don't bitch about eachother. just makes life better....

13. Hippie parents FTW! :smoke:

I agree with this fully. If I ever had the opportunity to do drugs with my parents, I'd definitely want it to be a spiritual bonding experience.

Same boat as you man:(

Man, that's some rough shit...

Haha my best friend and I used to "borrow" from her dad's secret stash when we were broke ass kids

I'd also love to do acid with my parents. I'm pretty sure my dad has had some drug experiences (he was in a band in the 70s.. Cumaan), but he's never admitted it. My mom, on the other hand, has never smoked even weed, so I think an acid trip would be far too intense for her. As much as I think tripping with the 'rents would help us bond, I'm pretty sure neither of them are ready for it (saying that, I feel like I'm the parent! Ha!)

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm really enjoying reading about your experiences:D

14. I wouldn't even want to do drugs with my parents. Sure, gotta love the family, but I feel like it would bring this weird bond that I do not care for.

15. The first time I smoked with my parents was after my high school graduation party. I have to say that it is extremely awkward at first, and even though you know they truly don't care, its hard to get over the fact that you're doing drugs with your parents. It begins and ends with weed though, and if I would every try to get them to do a hard drug I would probably be slapped upside the head. Now I smoke with my mom pretty much every time i'm home from college, but my dad doesn't smoke because he has to get tested at his job.

16. my parents are fine with me smoking but they dont smoke anymore. I understand smoking weed with parents. But im sorry doing cocaine with your children that is just bad parenting. Im not even going to explain why, I think everybody should know.

17. My father was a hardcore drug user, he's basically done anything imaginable. He quieted down thankfully :p. But I still blaze with him from time to time.

18. QTF! Houston is ridiculous, script doctors are quite easy to find, and pills are by the truck load.
    As to self control, I try, but I cannot deny I splurge from time to time.. It's hard when you have the means to do so. I don't spend every dime I have, per se, on opiates, but I have dropped a fair chunk of change on them. I spent like 3 grand on marijuana in the span of like 4 months. So if anything, I tried to curve how much I was spending to smoke on. (Found a way ;)) Now that I cannot smoke for awhile, I still wanted to be 'high' on something, so I began to use opiates more than I ever did.

19. Never smoked with my parents. I did however smoke with my dad's girlfriend and my dad's friend from ohio. :D

20. its not like she was doing lines with me in between stirring the dinner.. I was already out of school for 3 years and working. Not like we sat around talking either.. :eek:

Its like a case of she used to be into it years and years ago.. and its quite rare here so when I found some she was like hmm I wouldn't mind a bump for old times sake.

I asked to be driven home straight away.. was up all night shooting the shit, and as soon as I got there I started coming down while everyone was wired and it suuuucked