Dogs are awesome.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Super Gum, Jun 2, 2011.

1. I just wanted to make a thread talking about how stinkin' awesome dogs are.

My dog is just so amazing. She's arguably my best friend.
    When we go for off leash romps in the park she stays by my side and always comes back to me. If we see another dog or person in the park, she looks at me first to make sure it's okay if she goes and says hi.
    She's part German Shepherd and is so amazingly smart. She knows what and what not to do based on the tone of my voice. She's so receptive to my emotions and junk. She knows when I'm sad or scared. Dogs can be so in tune to us.

Anyways. Do you guys have dogs? Or any other animal that is just amazing? What do your dogs do that are just so amazing, cute, sweet, etc?

2. #2 chiefton8, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    I hear you dude...dogs are the best, and so much more. I have a Weimaraner, and she embodies everything that one needs in a life long partner: unconditional loyalty, love, friendship and trust (I'm also amazingly lucky to have a wife like that too). We feed her the best dog food money can buy, my wife is a veterinarian so she gets the best medical care possible, and we run her about 50 miles/wk to expend all the energy she has. I would go the ends of the earth to protect her. There is no day that I fear more than the day I have to lay her to rest...

[​IMG]

3. That's so amazing. Your dog is as spoiled as mine. What do you have her on? I have mine on Taste of the Wild.
    But, yeah, I take my girl everywhere. We go to festivals together. And go for off leash walks every other day at this amazing park with a lake that runs through it. It's so liberating watching her, on a hot day, get to the river for the first time on our walk...She just jumps in smiling lapping up and wading through the water. Dogs are just so awesome.

4. We feed her a mix of foods consisting of Solid Gold, Wellness, Natural Balance and Origin. And you're absolutely right...it is SO liberating watching my dog running around off leash. My wife and I have stressful careers, and we often come home in bad moods and exhausted...but taking our dog outside and watching our dog run freely and happily as a clam does wonders for our own mental health. It was sad last year because she had to have her ACL repaired, but her recovery process was a total inspiration because she never let her bum knee get her down and it has never let her stop being the dog she wants to be. The glass is always half full, if not always full. :p

My motto in life: "Be the person your dog thinks you are".

5. Aw! Poor baby. Well she's a beautiful dog. Looks very healthy. And I believe she didn't let her leg get her down. Dogs do such a great job at brushing things off and keepin' on truckin!
    I love your motto though. Dogs just do an amazing job at putting your life into another perspective. They don't judge based on biases or stereotypes. They don't let things from the past bug them. And they're always ready to go exercise and take an afternoon nap. I think everyone needs dog-goggles. It would make people so much more pleasant :)

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gxYkDPqDQk]YouTube - ‪"I Like Dogs"‬‏[/ame]

7. I have a funny story to add to this thread. Just happened.

I took my dog for an amazing long walk yesterday. It was off leash so she chased deer, ran around with her dog friend, swam, chased sticks....she pushed herself. Well last night and this afternoon she has been SO tired! Laying around, sluggish, etc. Well, my mom wanted to sit on the couch so she pushed her a little and she grunted/growled at her (partially my fault..because I was just messing with her a little, hehe). Well I scolded her and told her to go to bed. I didn't know if she'd really comprehend what I said but she hopped down, looked at me, and I said "Go to bed." So she whimpered a little and walked upstrairs to the bed room. It was cute.

8. my dog is without a doubt my best friend.
    no matter what type of day i am having he can always make things a bit brighter.
    i just love how he is always happy. i wish i could be like that

9. #9 thebigd^, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    I don't know what I would do without my best friend.

[​IMG]

10. At this moment I'm dog free for the first time in my life. I lost my last best friend 4 years ago. Life has been in a transitonal state since then and I've not had accomodations for a dog. And the loss is always so hard to take. I got my first dog when I was 1 year old. He died two days before I graduated high school. 6 months later I plucked a collie mix from a box of free puppies. She and her son accompanied me for the next 16 years. About a year before the son died, I aquired a large red presence in my life. I only got 12 years with him. He's been gone for a few years, but still, on a sunny day ridin with the windows down I still catch a glimpse of this in my rearview. Yes. Dogs are indeed awesome.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      259.6 KB
      Views:
  11. #11 Sam_Spade, Jul 4, 2011
    I live by very few morale laws in my life, but this is one of them:

"Never trust a man who doesn't like dogs."

This was my dog. He was a German Sheppard and Labrador Retriever mix. Strong, loved water, long distances, he preferred cold climates. He was my best friend for sixteen years and lived through some rad shit. His name, like mine, you'll never know.

[​IMG]

12. I'm sitting by my little baby dog Krista right now.

Attached Files:

13. #13 zach2753, Jul 4, 2011
    I love dogs and all animals really.

Will have to post some pictures/stories when I get back

14. I love returning the love by taking them out to enjoy all the elements.

[​IMG]
    They respond to their names individually but they respond to "Gogs!" as a group.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took Mine to dog beach yesterday.
    Was a bit overcast but it was still a blast!
    (top ones an older pic...bottom is from yesterday)

I met a cool girl from Texas that was here on vacation with her two yellow labs.
    I got this photo of em.
    You cant really tell from the poor quality pic ,that they were the type that almost looked as if they were white.
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful Dogs!!!
    Dogs are the best!!
    walked lots of miles :)

15. hahah chilled outside with my dog jus now.... he's been inside all day, was doing laps:laughing::laughing:
    [​IMG]

16. yes all animals are pretty amazing in general

17. Dogs are cool. The well sized dogs that is. The world would be a better place without those small yupping inbred miniature dogs that my cat chase around just for the fun of it.

One of the coolest dogs I've met are my aunt and uncles Rottweiler. A big beast of a dog, but so, uhm, enthusiastic and cuddly like you wouldn't believe. Every time they open the door to visitors, this lumbering beast comes running towards you, plants his front paws on your chest, almost knocking you over, and want a proper neck-rub :D

Another is a friends dog. A German Sheperd. Once whilst there, the daughter of another friend of mine, minded her own business, eating ice-cream off a cone. She got distracted for a second, and the dog seized the opportunity, licking the entire ice-cream off the cone in one big swoop. The little girl just stared at the dog in disbelief. The dog was very happy though, tail wagging and trailing off for some water :)

But eventhough I do like dogs; Catz Rule!

18. I cannot wait to get another dog, im thinking about getting an alaskan malamute. Hopefully I can get one that looks as cool as this

[​IMG]

19. I love just about all dogs. Some dogs are a bit ugly, but I enjoy the personalities of most K-9's. I'm a strong advocate of Owneritus, which is the disease that affects many dogs with very poor owners.

I'll be posting pictures of my 3, soon.

20. I love dogs.

I haven't had one of my own since the brindle pit bull that basically raised me through my first years of life. Any time I was in a walker, she'd stay beside me to make sure I didn't fall, any time a stranger would make sudden movements around me, she'd be in between me and them growling to make sure they knew she was watching over me (even did this to my parents who had raised her).

Brought back a lot of memories yesterday when I was hanging out with a friend and one of her relatives brought their brindle pit bull.