Dog got ahold of my bubbler for AACT

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by leodicapario, Aug 22, 2016.

1. my dog chewed thru the beginning of the aerator and the cord, so its a bit violent there, but air still gets thru the whole thing, at least most of it i think, but alot comes out its not that bad but its pretty chewed and you can hear the bubbles from a room away, open door... is there such thing as too violent?

2. Let me ask you this: are you growing in containers indoors? If the answer is yes you don't really need to be making ACT. Just top dress your ACT ingredients and call it a day.
    My 2c

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Top dress. I stopped making teas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. meh just had a cup and half ewc left,, but its still brewing fine, id even bet i could seal it with some sort of tape when its dry.....

5. You should really consider the advice above. My brewer has no chew holes in it but still doesnt get used. ACT is awesome but theres a better way. Topdressing is more effective, cheaper, easier, has way less chance of error and less cleanup.

Buy more castings or even better start some worm bins. Mix some castings or vermicompost with a little rice hulls (or not). Toss a thin layer on top of your pots occasionally. Water in. Done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. not so sure how well alive this bagged organic soil was to begin with,, i did throw in some of my compost and some extra castings, but still good to get it going first year, then most likely they'll stay alive i tuck leaves and such that fall off into the planter soil as food :)