Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Doesn't Taste Very Good

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ErrdayImBubblin, Jan 1, 2012.

1. So the other day I decided to try making edibles. Not knowing what I was doing, and needing to get my weed in not-looking-like-weed form, I put about 4 or 5 grams of dank (My dealer said Purple Urkel x Trainwreck, but I'm not so sure) in with about a 1/2 or 3/4 stick of butter that was already half melted. Put it in a recipe for chocolate cake, but just kinda spread it around on a baking sheet. I made a big cake-like blob about 1/2 inch thick and as big around as my head. It gets me pretty stoned without having to eat a lot of it, but it doesn't taste too great. Can I microwave it and melt in some chocolate chips or something? Or should I just try making it differently next time? I'll post pics if needed.

2. From experience I think it is hard to hide the taste of any edible, no matter how hard you try you will taste the weed. And I agree that they taste like ass.

3. #3 BadKittySmiles, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    Use clarified butter next time, and be sure you decarb your herb first... even small amounts of water can pull in a ton of (to many people) nasty-tasting, unnecessary plant matter.

Butter is about 8-10% water, combined with the traces of water that may be left in the plant matter, it's enough to pull in more inert, 'green tasting' plant matter, such as chlorophyll, bitters salts, and plant waxes. A pure oil source will allow much less of that material in to contaminate your finished product. It also breaks down cannabis glandular material much more effectively. :D
    If you can find it's I'd suggest trying coconut oil.. it's got three to four times the medium-chain triglyceride content as butter. :)

Using hash or a concentrate to make oil, is another option to reduce taste. Edibles made with good hash barely taste like herb, more like a mild, hashy vape-hit.

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

4. [quote name='"dalulz"']From experience I think it is hard to hide the taste of any edible, no matter how hard you try you will taste the weed. And I agree that they taste like ass.[/quote]

Disagree. I've had mega potent peppermint patties that had absolutely no weed taste. But generally, you're right.

5. send me some of that shit then :D

6. [quote name='"dalulz"']

send me some of that shit then :D[/quote]

I totally would, but I eated it. Sorry. Hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  7. last time i done firecrackers the taste was way harder to deal with than usual, it took me at least 30 minutes to eat two, i was already starting to feel it by the time i finished... i think it's cos i put some ABV in but probably 85% of it was fresh weed, can't imagine i'd be able to stomach pure ABV ones after finding it so hard with just a little bit.

one thing that occurred to me though for anyone else who makes them and then struggles to get them down - assuming the nutella/pb spread is fairly solid between the crackers after cooking, you could just separate the crackers and put the spread in something else that doesn't require much chewing (since the chewing part is what makes it difficult and forces you to actually taste the shit). i was thinking if you got a bowl of icecream and put the nutella weed shit in between it so you can basically just swallow it without tasting it much that would be alot more pleasant than the process of eating the firecrackers.

most times though i haven't struggled too much with the taste so i usually wouldn't need to go to those lengths, i might try that next time i make them though and see how it goes.