Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does your heart race?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MADISM, Feb 12, 2009.

1. I've been smoking for 10 years now for everyday. And I see alot on these forums about people have real fast heart rates when they get high.
    I never have an issue with this nor have had any friends that have.

So when you smoke does your heart race?
    Maybe me and my friends have been smoking way too long and are alittle more immune to the high.

2. I've been smoking for 5 years, with only a few month t-breaks. I typically don't get increased heart rate from ganja unless I smoke a whole lot of sativa.

3. My heart hardly ever races like that. Only when I've really smoked too much

4. yes mine does, i can feel my heart pumping real fast. it last for a little while then i just forget about it or it doesn't beat as fast.

5. I've been smoking for almost 18 years, and some strains make my heart race.

6. From just smoking weed?, usually not...
    When i smoke and i'm already drunk or ****ed up, than yes.

7. I actually didn't even notice that my heartbeat speeds up until just a year or two ago. I kind of think it effects me more as I get older.

8. mine speeds up a lot. if i get too high, my adrenaline starts pumping.

9. About five minutes after Putting the Joint out i get an increased heartrate and my ear drums feel like there going to explode, but it only lasts for 30 seconds or so

10. ya huge effect I feel it pounding rapidly although I already have a pretty high heartbeat.

11. yes man when I'm peaking I feel my heartbeat alittle. If I'm stoned, it pounds

12. i've felt my heart start pumping really fast when i at some 8th cookies. yum. but i was sooo gone.

13. Sometimes it beats a little fast.

One time I was smoking in the bathroom, it was a fat blunt of OG Kush, and it ended up being too much. I was down on the floor on all fours, wishing it would just end. I couldn't think straight and it felt like I was just going to explode.

14. Same, and only when something triggers it. For example a few days ago I was smoking, forgot what I was reading but I remember the three words "Paranoia, terror, depression" in a row just like that and I mini freaked lol. As soon as I read that I started feeling well, an extreme sense of paranoia and terror (no depression), my heart rate rised but like 3 minutes later I was back to normal. I was just super high haha. It's never raised for no reason though.

15. i dont think so

16. It happened when I first started smoking but rarely anymore

17. It happens to me. Usually that's when I use the "I'm high as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck" label and go do something for a while

18. Never, not once has my heart raced from smoking.

If anything, it reduces my heartrate, as a result of being relaxed.

I'm actually quite astounded that anyone could have a racing heart after burning like 4 J's

19. Isn't that weird? Alcohol slows down your heart rate, but smoking after alcohol almost always seems to increase my heart rate very noticeably.

However, one time I thought my heart was beating super fast until I rally took my pulse and took normal breaths and thought hard about it.. it was just a tad fast, almost normal.. i was like, I'm way too high right now, I'm freaking myself out. haha

I don't think the heart beats so fast that it becomes dangerous, but it is something people (usually newer smoker) notice after smoking.. it's just one of those things.

However, it could be a lack of fluid in the body as well, and after smoking it becomes more obvious.. so drink more liquids!!! water especially!!!

20. Same here. It's pretty weird.