Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Weed stunt your growth?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ckrichie, Mar 11, 2013.

1. My friends told me that weed stunts your growth, and once you start smoking that you cannot get any taller. Is that true? Sorry if I sound stupid, but they literally were arguing with me and i didnt believe so I decided to ask it on here

2. No, if that were true I'd still be as tall as the average 2nd grade kid.

3. No, but heavy usage can result in low testosterone, also every time you smoke weed you deplete vitamin c so make sure you supplement with that.

When I get high and drink a gram of vitamin C, it is the most wonderful feeling

4. I drink a shit-ton of orange juice so I should be good in the vitamin C department :D

5. Your friend is trying to scare you and it's safe to assume he/she is anti weed

6. I started off 5'11 when I started. I did had my best growth spurts while using cannabis. I stopped growing in college and I'm 6'5

7. Coffee and cigarettes REALLY stunt your growth. Weed, no.

8. he may be saying to what most people say with "stunting growth" which is heavy usage when you are very young, it MAY cause growth stunt in your cells.

9. nah coffee doesn't stunt your growth. my brother and i are hella coffee drinkers, since we were kids, he's 6'5 and i'm 5'11... :hello:

10. haha ive heard cigs stunt your growth but never heard weed. I started smoking when I was 10 & I'm 21 now and I'm 6' 8 lol

MYTH BUSTED!

11. I'm 5'11" and started using Cannabis when I was 13, I'm 68 now.

I would be taller than "Bean" if I hadn't started using Cannabis, if Cannabis REALLY stunted growth.

12. Don't think it stunts anything but brain development

13. Well I was 5-9 when I started smoking and now I'm 6-2... you tell me.

14. Show me some evidence on that? :rolleyes:

15. Sorry OP, but your friends are fucking stupid.

16. Just look at Pakelika

RIP BIG DOG!!! Glad to have toked with ya at least once, damn it, now I can never take his title.

Attached Files:

• l.jpg
      l.jpg
      File size:
      34.7 KB
      Views: