Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed make you...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GodsPancakes, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Sorry for the offensive language, but, does it make you stupid? When i WAS highschool, all the kids that smoked were the ones who flunked, got in trouble, blah blah blah. Even now that im in college most of the tokers arent so bright.

So, does it? Ive been doing it for quite sometime now but almost monthly, never too much, but now that im out of my parents house i want to get into it more.

2. no i am more motavated to do things becuse i only smoke after work or at night

3. weed wont make you a dumbass my mind is as sharp as the day i started
    and i smoke every single day

4. I guess those kids were just stupid then :eek:

5. No, I'm more interested in self indulgence of educational matters whilst high.

6. I got a 32 on the ACT and carry great grades in College. I don't think it helps you at all with booksmarts (or hurts, unless you prioritize weed over your work and studies).

7. Only a stoner can understand the level of intelligence of another stoner!

8. you just didn't know the kids that smoked weed that hid it from everyone

9. Yep. If you're a flunk after you start smoking weed, or aren't motivated to do anything, you we're already going going to be like that...

10. Everyone knows the ACTs are just SATs for rednecks...

I'm joking of course, it's the SATs for retards....

But seriously, weed doesn't make you stupid, compare it to alcohol, which actually does permanent damage to your brain cells, while marijuana's only effect on intelligence lasts as long as the high does.

11. #11 burtontoker, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    While weed doesn't make you stupid, it can affect a persons life by making them become more lazy and not give a fuck about life. I agree with you, many of the pot smokers I've met haven't seemed like they were "on the right track in life," especially in highschool. I've also met people who I never would have guess smoked, and they were great students in school. Not that highschool determines how intelligent one is, grades don't necessary reflect a persons true potential and true intelligence. Highschool is overrated, so glad that shit is over with.

I do believe there is a percentage of stoners out there who are more motivated than most, take for example Carl Sagan. One of the greatest astrophysicists/scientists who ever lived, and he smoked buds all the time. Don't forget our president Barack Obama inhaled frequently.

I think this is why some people have a negative view of pot smokers, and it makes sense because people judge others based on their past experiences with others who do the same things. So when a person meets someone who they think is a "loser" before hand, then they find out that person smokes weed, they automatically associate those things together, and their viewpoint of all tokers they meet in the future is forever changed. Psychology 101.

We should change that by smoking and being productive members of society to break that stereotype for future generations. I don't want my kids growing up thinking weed is bad or that only losers do it; because that's simply not true. If that logic is true, than everyone who drinks is a loser? Weed is for adults and should be consumed as long as a person has a stable life; same with SAFE substances.

12. I smoke like everyday and maintain a 3.7.It depends on the person. they're just not motivated enough.

13. Well said sir, well said.

I know a couple of kids in my highschool class who just don't give a fuck and revolve themselves around weed. They don't have any priorities. I feel like I focus more when i smoke and I study and write essays and shit better when I'm stoned. But that's just me.

14. Just google intelligent people to smoke weed and you'll find out that it does not make you dumb in any way shape or form.

Steve Jobs, Carl Sagan, Obama, the guy who made TBS, and thats not even scratching the surface.

15. What if you smoke like 2 grams a day?

16. you will just be high for a while lol you cant die from smoking to much weed or get more stupid

17. You'll be really high.

Weed doesn't make you stupid. Period.

18. Depending on the person

19. No, its mostly because all of the stupid kids in high school smoke to look cool, / these stupid kids like to get high but dont even know anything about weed haha

20. yea i agree. since marijuana is illegal (getting better) the trouble makers of the school i.e slackers or w/e that get bad grades are more likely to be associated with it. If the parents of a "A" student gave him weed at 18 it would be fine or younger idk thats a different story lol