Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed make YOU more energetic?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420boxing, Dec 6, 2011.

1. #1 420boxing, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
    Energetic may no be the right word to describe the feeling. Maybe euphoric is. An energized, controlled euphoria.

I've found that I can work out longer and harder after smoking some of the weed I usually get. I feel no pain when working out and always feel more energetic to lift weights and box. This is the opposite of what most people think about when they think of weed. Most people view weed as something that causes fatigue, but I feel opposite when I smoke my buddies weed.

2. If it's a good sativa, yes. It gives me that nice head rush/mental clarity kind of high and I can get shit done.

3. At work we take smoke breaks all the time. I have noticed that before we are all frustrated and going a bit slow as the motivation is long gone. But after we hit a blunt everyone seems happier and is more attentive. So yeah we would agree that it makes us not only more energetic, but more motivated to actually do things. I encourage ganja is the work place lol

4. I think it boils down to, weed slows things down to where you can properly process information and gather energy when done right. Most people go through the day wasting energy. With weed I feel like I can better control my energy.

But, it is pretty strange to me the boost of energy and drive I get after smoking. I'm ready to hit the heavy bag for an hour after smoking. Does that seem strange to you?

5. Well, I'm a lazy person by nature, so no. Sativas just make me feel retarded (in a good way), and indicas make me sleepy.

6. I can definitely see why weed should be banned in sports. It really is a performance enhancer. I feel no pain when getting hit. It's actually pleasurable to get hit and I punch like an animal.

7. sats have a more get up and go lets do some thing type high,indica a more lay down and stare at the moon high,sort cant be bothered to do shit all,mac

8. I wish it energized me. Both stavia and indica couch-lock me.
    Stavia puts a perpetual smile on my face and Indica zones me out.

9. it does me some times stormroyale.mac

10. im talking about when the high goes away idk why i feel like i cant be sitting down i feel like i have to be running basketball or something like a urge to do something bad

11. #11 UKTokingGrower, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    I dont think i have ever had an energetic high and ive smoked all sorts of strains, as soon as i smoke a joint i go into couch lock mode. Before i smoke i make sure i have plenty of munch and the tv remote by my side!

12. #12 TGreenFien, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Where I live the sky is pretty clear, I like smoking at night. As soon as my high starts hitting I just look up at the sky and stare a moment, it's a great feeling, then I picture living somewhere further in the middle of nowhere and the view I would have there! Mentally yeah it's great, physically I'm about the same I would say as long as I'm not smoking all the time every day. I don't really see weed doing much to give me any advantage in physicality, I just play basketball so honestly it's just worse for me if I'm trying to do a full speed workout lol, smoking it that is not vaporizing. I've shot hoops high which is fine but I've never thought about going out to lift weights or box high, although it sounds like you're saying post-high, but I know of some people that like working out high. Maybe you're just smoking a strain I haven't come across yet 

13. I envy you, OP. I'm an active person but after a bowl I realize that I havent moved for like an hour just watching cartoons and scoping out gc on my phone all while munching on shit. Ive done push ups and pull ups high but it always seems harder to me. I've never done cardio though.

14. Before I started smoking I always had a mental barrier when I was working out, I would hit a point and feel like I HAD to stop. Since I started getting high at the gym I am able to get to that point and push passed it for about as long as I need to
    Edibles give me major couch lock though

15. I agree with the workout part mostly. I could never do more weight than usual after smoking but I did more reps than I usually could, which could probably be attributed to the fact that my muscles are more relaxed and therefore don't burn out so quickly. As far as cardio goes, I didn't really notice much of a difference physically, but I did notice that I would zone out more often and not care about how long/far I was running (I hate cardio).

Energetic highs are rare for me but when they do happen I'm very social and goofy.....the best comparison I could make would be that it's almost like I took a couple shots, but comparing weed to alcohol is a no-no. 80% of the time I just want to chill on a couch and do nothing lol.

16. It definitely depends on the weed but for the most part yes, I'm way more active when I smoke. Mostly because smoking helps with my arthritis, and without it I'm pretty much down and out.

17. Depends on the strain of cannabis, and the music I have on! Give me some good Middle eastern belly dance music (Nyaz, etc)  and I dance through the housework!

Granny

18. In the morning it does wake me up. I am more interested in getting something done.

At night, it does the opposite.

19. #19 shaddytheman, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Sativa strains with dominant THC will amp up like a rocket power ship waiting to launch up in the sky. Indica would be like "Dude are you going to finish the sandwich?"   "Yeah but I'm too lazy" LOL.

20. Hell yeah dude it makes me want to go visit my friends and go on adventures