Does WEED make you LAZY?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by StrikerSiX, Jun 12, 2002.

1. I find Weed makes me content with what I have right here, right now.
    yea kind of lazy.:smoke:

2. I think weed makes menial or repetitive tasks easier to deal with or even fun. I often do homework while smoking a bowl and I get it all right. First semester back in school now that I'm a toker, and ironically first semester I'm getting straight A's lol. Homework is easy if you know it, and doesnt suck if you get your smoke on :smoke:

3. Yes and no. My favorite thing to do high is actually some peoples' job. I've been falling asleep crazy early lately, like kindergartner's bedtime early.

4. I find it doesn't make me LAZY, but 9/10 times I just don't see the true need in whatever task I must accomplish while high, hence me just sitting around continuing my tokage :smoke: However, if I feel obligated to get something done that'll better myself and hopefully others(instead of just one person asking me to do something they can do themselves) I'll hop right to whatever needs to be done no questions asked, high as hell or high as god damn space :cool:, it'll get done efficiently, quickly, and I will love every second doing it :smoke:

Remember, don't ask my to pick up meaningless stuff that clearly isn't my own when the person responsible is within ear shout :rolleyes: or just do it yourself if you're standing there and it's bothering you.

No weed doesn't make me lazy, it just makes me realize what's worth doing and what's not :)

5. I find smoking weed only makes you lazy if you want to be. Most the times i just chill but if i smoke and go to work I'm way on top of things. It puts me in a zone. And when at home and something needs to be done i don't think twice i just do it.

6. I find that whenever I smoke, I only get more motivated to do things I wouldn't want to do any other time. I'm a poetry class right now, so the higher I am the more creative I get - at least up to a certain point. So yea, I would definitely disagree with someone that claims everyone that smokes pot is a lazy bum.

7. Well it all depends on how you define "lazy". For me "lazy" used to mean doing nothing. Now I know that staring at a wall and thinking is something, not nothing.
    So now I define "laziness" as, "a lack of desire to put effort into the completion of the task with an extrinsic reward." An extrinsic reward could be say, completing some homework, or cleaning your house, or taking care of some looming responsibilities. With this new definition of laziness, I DEFINITELY find that weed makes me lazy.

8. Lol... 9 year old thread good God.

9. this thread needs to be kept in the GC museum

10. Yea I found it after googling "Does weed make you lazy"
    First link ofc:hello:

Just had to post on it because, well, it was nine years old. :)

11. so... does weed make you lazy? i hear its a subjective thing

12. Not at all. After doing hard hard work, smoking up.. I can go on and continue with my work with leisure

13. He's REALLY lazy. :D

Correct grammar would be "However; as soon as I get some food in me, I'm lounging on the couch flipping through channels for an hour or so."

Hahaha so sorry I'm pretty buzzed off a bowl to myself. Tehehehe :p

14. Weed makes whatever your doing more interesting & in different perspectives.

It's up to you if your on a roller coaster or sitting on the couch

15. If you keep it in its place...recreational.....then, no, it doesnt. There's also a difference in smoking different strains.

If you have some time on your hands after youve finished all the shit you need to get done...then allow yourself to relax and be lazy...play video games...or smoke a different type, turn on some music and clean out your car or something. It just takes some self-discipline.

And yeah, a very old thread but one that still applies..lol

16. It can kill motivation obviously, but not always.

I work out every day (almost) and part of my pre workout routine is to smoke a joint (or whatever I smoke out of that day). I have a friend who is a bodybuilder who actually doesn't usually smoke at any other times other than directly before going into the gym for his workout. The reason is because weed gives you that focus that makes it easier to really concentrate on the target muscles and isolate them during each exercise.