Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed help your ADD?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jakee420, Mar 29, 2012.

1. [quote name='"GreenDevil420"']Sativas in general help stimulate or affect the mind. But if you're the "ADHD" type that's bouncing off walls physically instead of just within your mind, indicas might be the right choice. Since ADHD is as credible as an average medical marijuana recommendation is in CA, it should work quite well![/quote]

Say what!!! I can smoke weed for ADHD? They do that in AZ??

2. It definitely helps me. The docs got me on 50mg of vyvanse. Take it at 11am, i'm still up at 4 am, after taking 10mg of melatonin at midnight. Sleep till 7 or 8am, but can still feel the V pumpin. Very messed up, but even worse without the meds. I need to get to a MMJ state ASAP.

Please lord, help me get a raise.

3. Indicas do

4. [quote name='"Kobe4MVP420"']It definitely helps me. The docs got me on 50mg of vyvanse. Take it at 11am, i'm still up at 4 am, after taking 10mg of melatonin at midnight. Sleep till 7 or 8am, but can still feel the V pumpin. Very messed up, but even worse without the meds. I need to get to a MMJ state ASAP.

Please lord, help me get a raise.[/quote]

Vyvanse is horrible! It makes me feel like a zombie. I don't talk , won't eat etc. Horrible. Threw away the rest of my prescription.

5. Its scary how if you don't force yourself to eat, you could go days with out it.

6. The right type of marijuana can slow down and focus thoughts. Other strains might make you even more unable to focus thoughts. Watch out for becoming too dependent on any herb or pharma to help you. What I have found that helps most is meditation, to train the mind and change it.

7. [quote name='"Kobe4MVP420"']

Its scary how if you don't force yourself to eat, you could go days with out it.[/quote]

Really it is. When I was on Concerta as a child (9-14) I would loss a lot of weight. But when I wasn't on it, I would straight feast. One time I ate to the point I was throwing up. Shit was crazy.

8. #28 Asthmatic, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    I was taking Provigil for narcolepsy. Helped the ADHD but F'ed up every thing else in my life. Had to set an alarm to tell me when to eat otherwise I didn't.

off it now.

9. [quote name='"Asthmatic"']

I was taking Provigil for narcolepsy. Helped the ADHD but F'ed up every thing else in my life. Had to set an alarm to tell me when to eat otherwise I didn't.

off it now.[/quote]

Ya too many kids in America are on these drugs. And the side effects seemed to be worse than my actual ADHD.

10. I'm 55. Just do a sleep study before medicating to see if there is an underlying correctable problem.

11. [quote name='"Asthmatic"']

I'm 55. Just do a sleep study before medicating to see if there is an underlying correctable problem.[/quote]

I've been off all medication for like almost 2 years now. I've been able to conquer my ADHD.

12. Congrats, That's Great! :hello:

13. Hey forum. I have been doing a lot of research recently to see if I would benefit from medical marijuana and if I would qualify.  Hopefully someone could shed some light on the subject for me. 

I am diagnosed ADD since i was 5.  I have tried every med and their sister meds. Nothing controls it that we'll but it does make a difference in some areas. But side effect are not worth it anymore. I was about to stop my dexadrine due to not eating some days. Only if I have too. I would go to bed at 3 and wake up at 6. This has been going on for many years. 

Before I apply I would like to know if I would qualify. I am on ODSP (disability) because of my ADD. I have a very limited budget and kids to previde for so I am concerned about wasting money.  I am located in Ontario, canada.  Does any body kmow if I would get medical my 

14. A good sativa never fails to help my ADHD. I used to get terrible marks, but now they're going way up because of weed!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I have been noticing that sative does calms me a little and makes it easier to focus.  My main reasons for smoking is the eating and sleeping bit. 

16. Are you prescribed medical or self medicate. I really want to find out if my case would qualify me?

why not read the first page of the thread?

its quite annoying to see the same questions/statements in 20 sections of the forum....
    by the same guy...
    on the same day...
    stop flaming the forum dude.

first page there is a guy who is in California with a MMJ rec for ADD/ADHD.

18. I guea when I clicked on it I hit the 2.  And I am just trying to get some info. I thought this is where we would go to get answers not talked down too for makig a mistake.  And if I wrote something twice it's cause I forget a lot. Sorry to ruin your day dude. 

19. Cannabis works better than Ritalin, Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall, or Welbutrin for ADD. And it's better than the new class of drugs that are now out, the Alpha agonists.
    I got off those meds and onto MM this past February. It's been a long search for the "right" Sativa but I eventually found my way. Night time I use a good Indicas. I too had the "no sleep" issue for decades. Not anymore :hello:  I pull 7 hours a night consistently. To those who don't have this issue that's like "you're shittin' me??" good :ey:  and it is......
    It's all about neurotransmitters. Ours are just in short supply. Cannabis is a perfect fit.
    I make my "night caps" using BKS's method for cannacaps.
    Unfortunately, living in Washington, I didn't, and couldn't, get a MM card for ADD. It's the upside of having a "serious" illness which got me my prescription. Lucky me....
    H

20. Are there any strains you find work better. As of now I smoke about 1.5-2 grams before bed to burn out. Much better than the 60 mg tamazapans they were giving me.