Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does weed help stress?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by hhbhagat1417, Aug 3, 2012.

1. #1 hhbhagat1417, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    My mom is okay with me smoking weed now (just recently broke it to her). The only thing is, I'm kind of worried about her. She's been under a lot of stress lately, and I was wondering if weed helps. I'm not gonna force her to try it obviously, but I would like to help my mom without her eventually having to go to the doctor and getting potentially harmful anti-depression meds. If she's averse to smoking it (cause of the harshness), then I have a magic flight she can use.

2. I bet it would help.

Good luck.

3. It helps me after long weeks of work and studying.

Toke her up (obviously if she consents to it)

Last thing you want, is to be accused of trying to force your mom into being high...

4. Definitely. Google cannabis for stress for a list of pertinent strains.

5. Definitely helps with stress.

But if I smoke when I get up or at midday by about 5-6pm I'll sometimes get a bit snappy because I'll be really tired.

So I usually smoke late at night to help unwind from a stressful day and to help me sleep.

6. If I could smoke my mom out I would be sooo happy

7. I agree but dont you think it would be awkward? Hah.

8. i'm in the same situation, and I actually convinced my mom to at least try weed.
    she agreed and smoked a little joint with me. she liked it but preferred not to smoke it on a regular basis because of the social stigma smoking marijuana has :\.

9. I dont know of anything that relives stress better.

10. My blade, most deffffffffff relieves stresssss, yea

11. Tree always instills a nice sense of "fuck it" when you're too stressed.

12. I've always imagined it to be funny in my head. Like something you would have to record just so you could play it over and over and over. :rolleyes:
    But hey a guy could dream, can't he?

13. Just persuade her to at least try it, cuz if it doesn't help she won't do it again, and if it does then bam! Problem solved.

14. It's different for everybody, but when I'm stressed out and get high, I just start thinking about all the shit that's stressing me out and get really paranoid and/or depressed. I'll start thinking "Man, I have so many problems right now. I should really be focused on finding solutions to them rather than sitting here getting high." I've found that often the best way to handle stress is to tackle it head-on. Then you're able to justify getting ripped and won't feel like you're neglecting other responsibilities.

But like I said, everyone's different. If she does decide to start smoking, she should use it as occasional alleviation of stress rather than an escape from her problems.

15. no it made me paranoid

16. It also made me paranoid, it all depends on the person but if she starts bugging out, that will be a game change for her.

17. Very valid point - your problems do sometimes feel overwhelming when your not in a state of mind to deal with them. Then again with ongoing issues, sometimes you just gotta tell yourself theres nothing you can do right now, you might aswell just enjoy yourself.

18. [quote name='"GreenVoyage"']It's different for everybody, but when I'm stressed out and get high, I just start thinking about all the shit that's stressing me out and get really paranoid and/or depressed. I'll start thinking "Man, I have so many problems right now. I should really be focused on finding solutions to them rather than sitting here getting high." I've found that often the best way to handle stress is to tackle it head-on. Then you're able to justify getting ripped and won't feel like you're neglecting other responsibilities.

But like I said, everyone's different. If she does decide to start smoking, she should use it as occasional alleviation of stress rather than an escape from her problems.[/quote]

You remind me of Towelie!