Does true love exist?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by bkadoctaj, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Yeah I don't think I do love my current girlfriend.

2. Hmm... assuming we're ever completely sure. Hey, but now that I think of it, I've never been completely sure in my life... I think.

3. If love is something beyond rationale and the usual chemicals of emotion, is beyond logic and the usual human relationships, then it must be beyond normal human identities as well.

If so, then the core of every being is the same. How can unconditioned emptiness and the core of each being be penetrated by emptiness again? If the emptiness is perfect and unconditioned, everyone has it, why love for one person and not for another then, all have the same core?

If it is just penetrating individual identities, which are I think you agree superficial and not real, what magic is there to this notion of love?

4. veeeery interesting.
    I'll add more to my story and try to make sense of it.
    I've known this other chicks for a few years, maybe 4 or 5, but we've been really good mates for about 2 years, and I count her as my very best mate for the last year or so. She's always there for me.

I think we used to go out..,not too sure though.
    It's really fucked up, cause we act like friends..do everything friends do, we blaze, smoke, chill, all that...
    and then, whenever we say goodbye (to go home etc), we hook up. For a couple of minutes.
    Is that fucked up? I don't know.
    This went on for months and months.
    Until I basically said I can't keep doing this, I can't keep being your friend when we hang out and then more than friends for a few minutes when we say goodbye.
    And I love her so much, I love her as my best friend, and just recently, I think I fell in love with her. Not the same love as the OTHER one (my first love haha), but it was still love. And I've got no doubt she loved me - she wasn't IN love with me, but I know she loved me. You know, unconditional love.
    Anyway...there's another guy. Her ex. and basically, she couldn't pick between us.

Now that probably would have fucked me up if I hadn't had the first experience, but I got over it. Side story - I wanted to leave the city I grew up in, for shitloads of reasons. And the only thing stopping me from leaving was her. But yeah, she couldn't pick between us..so..My reasoning was, if she couldn't pick between us, then obviously we shouldn't be together. So I left that city, and now I'm in another city, kind of starting again.
    I have no idea where I'm going with this. I know I love them both, unconditionally. But I think the first one...she's .. I dunno. I don't wanna say 'the one', but I don't know what else to say.

5. Who said it is beyond or transcendent? I feel that true love is real. THIS is the essence or "core" of things. Why do we stand aghast?!

6. Yeah good point. Well - until you're pretty damn fucking sure, then.:p

'its not time to make a change, just relax, take it easy,
    you're still young, thats your fault, theres so much you have to know
    find a girl, settle down, if you want, you can marry,
    look and me, I am old, but I'm happy...
    I was once like you are now, and I know, that it's not easy,
    to be calm, when you've found something going on...
    but take your time, think alot, think of everything you've got,
    cause you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.'

you never really know what you got until its gone.

7. We all know "the One". And shitty thing is, we've got ONE life to do something about it, period.

If you know otherwise, I'd like to know how.

8. Rather than beyond or transcendent, I will say it is before and unmanifested. Before us and our ideas, unmanifested in logic and the discernible world of things - it stems from the undiscernible. Hence it has nothing to do with identities, nothing to do with emotions, nothing to do with anything wordly, and hence no question of penetration for there is nothing for it to penetrate.

Like I said, love has no stable meaning nor image peoples heads, its impossible to define, to each his own when it comes to love. You asked for opinions, this is mine.

9. nope, love is just pheromones.

10. May I respond? :)

Before means nothing without after to complete it.
    Unmanifested means time is needed to make anything of it.
    There's nothing to penetrate, because every possible point to penetrate is already interpenetrated/ing and interpervading.

11. what?

12. Oh... so you're the kind of person whose mind is the Internet. Chill...

13. ahaha yeah...

yeah i could have googled it, or you could have explained it in your words and why you think that love is only pheromones...so. why do you think love is only pheromones?

14. Yeah, not to call anyone out, but certain members on the board certainly love to post links and Googled images in place of words from the heart... Why not finish a thought?

15. Between a man and a woman? Probably. Between a parent and their son/daughter? Definitely. I can see that clear as day.

16. isn't this in the wrong forum anyways

17. Oh, is it? I think love is a general topic.

18. then what do we have a forum specifically for sex, love, and relationships for

19. I've been Married, 19 years. I would be , Lost without her.:(