Does this seedling look ok?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Ok I just transplanted this seedling and it is 1 week and 1day old does it look ok? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

Attached Files:

2. I had it in a small pot. But I wanted to put it in its final potWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

3. you put a plant in its final pot when it has over established its self for its current pot . when you xplant you will see a bunch of root and pretty much all the soil will come out. thats weeks into a cycle even if your in a solo cup. weed is resilient  but if anything you have increased the time till harvest a few weeks.

4. That is fine I plan on serious lst and topping maybe veg for 2 monthsWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

5. "you have increased the time till harvest a few weeks"

Why? Because it was put into its final pot size early? Why on earth would that make it take longer?

J

6. [quote name="jerry111165" post="19351388" timestamp="1389880329"]"you have increased the time till harvest a few weeks"Why? Because it was put into its final pot size early? Why on earth would that make it take longer?J[/quote]That's what I thought because wouldn't it be more stress on the plant if you wait for it to become a solid root ball. I would prefer a strong root system. Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

7. [quote name="jerry111165" post="19351388" timestamp="1389880329"]"you have increased the time till harvest a few weeks"Why? Because it was put into its final pot size early? Why on earth would that make it take longer?J[/quote]And J I trust your advice and reading your grows is what inspires me to go organic on my next grow. Also have I over watered this seedling? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

8. #9 kingkelly91, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    [quote name="jerry111165" post="19351388" timestamp="1389880329"]"you have increased the time till harvest a few weeks"Why? Because it was put into its final pot size early? Why on earth would that make it take longer?J[/quote] that plant is so small it probably has no root structure and when he transplanted it shocked the shit out of it. I haven't been growing weed that long but I wouldn't do it to any plant of that size.check out my current grow let me know what you think. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1270305-Cinex-and-block-head-starting-up-a-perpetual#entry19242460

9. [quote name="Stealthsmokerman" post="19351540" timestamp="1389882979"]That's what I thought because wouldn't it be more stress on the plant if you wait for it to become a solid root ball. I would prefer a strong root system. Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D[/quote] and no I don't mean a solid root mass just let it get a really hood root mass. If pull out just a plant and its little tap root you stress it pretty good. But I guess no one agrees. That's fine as there is always a millionnways to grow this wonder plant. I just would have waited.check out my current grow let me know what you think. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1270305-Cinex-and-block-head-starting-up-a-perpetual#entry19242460

10. I would have waited too, just so ya know, at least until it was bigger and more stable. But as long as we are careful and the little cup of soil slides out easy and we're gentle I just don't believe it makes a difference. I usually go right from cup to my 12 gallon finishing pots. Yes; it will take a little bit for the small plant to gain its roots but at the same time there are no limiting pot size factors and the plant can spread its roots wide and at the same time suck up more nutrition vs getting pot bound in, let's say a 1 gallon pot.

Just my opinion, of course.

J

11. [quote name="jerry111165" post="19352010" timestamp="1389890078"]I would have waited too, just so ya know, at least until it was bigger and more stable. But as long as we are careful and the little cup of soil slides out easy and we're gentle I just don't believe it makes a difference. I usually go right from cup to my 12 gallon finishing pots. Yes; it will take a little bit for the small plant to gain its roots but at the same time there are no limiting pot size factors and the plant can spread its roots wide and at the same time suck up more nutrition vs getting pot bound in, let's say a 1 gallon pot.Just my opinion, of course. J[/quote] now we're on the same page.check out my current grow let me know what you think. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1270305-Cinex-and-block-head-starting-up-a-perpetual#entry19242460

12. PLANT MURDERER!

13. #14 zippy657, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    yes it looks severely overwatered.  When first growth is all piled in on itself like that its a dead give away. And he pushed maturity back a couple weeks because he fucked up lol... not because of the container size.  the plant should look like that a little under a week from sprouting, but should tripple at the least by the end of the following week, and that one sure as shit will not.  

It will make it if you leave it alone but its gonna be a couple weeks late, as the good man said.  

Also, why would someone so concerned with final container size this early only fill half the pot?  if you put 2 gallons of soil in a 4 gallon pot, do you know what size your container is??..........

14. On transplanting early....
    I have found that it is no doubt better to wait till the plant has a nice root ball before you transplant it. That way the roots and soil all come out of the pot in one piece. If you pull the plant out and the soil separates it will most likely damage roots.
    I have transplanted plants before they were ready and it really did take 2 weeks for them to recover because the soil just fell to pieces in my hands and tore some of the little tiny roots.
    I have also transplanted plants that had a nice rootball and it all came out and stuck together and those plants didn't show any signs of stress. Actually I'm pretty sure they just kept growing like nothing happened.

Exactly.  One day my friend who is a noooooob asked my about transplanting, I told him a good root ball and dry soil makes it simple. I grabbed a plant in a 1 gallon pot flipped it upside down and showed him the roots and put it back in the pot. That plant did not care.

16. The reason I transplanted was because the soil I was using was old as fuck and it was a mix of garden soil, miracle grow also like 2 years old and used many a time, and some cheap dollar store soil also old as fuck and used many a time. The soil dried sooooooooo quick and pretty much turned into a rock when dry. When I turned my pot over it all came out in one big clump of super dry dirt no roots were showing. Since it's been it's final spot the soil has been staying nice and moist and I realize that I fucked up but since the soil has dried some the plant has perked right back up. It has actually grown quite a bit it has its 3rd set of the 3 leavesWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

17. Thanks guys for helping more and hating on this Noob lessWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

Attached Files:

18. #19 kingkelly91, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    [quote name="Stealthsmokerman" post="19357454" timestamp="1389961761"]Thanks guys for helping more and hating on this Noob lessWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D[/quote]can't hate on noobs. I'm a noob my self Im about to harvest my first grow. But with all the shit I read and watch I generally know what I'm talking about. check out my current grow let me know what you think. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1270305-Cinex-and-block-head-starting-up-a-perpetual#entry19242460

19. No hate. We were all noobs at some point. Just sharing knowledge lets make this forum a better place!