Does this finger look broken?

Discussion in 'General' started by FartSmoke, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hey there fellow blades, got in a motorcycle wreck and I was wondering if my pinky is broken. What do you guys think? 36 hours later and it's still pointing off to the side instead of straight, and it's really swollen and bruised.

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty swollen. I don't think it's broken, it looks dislocated. But hey, I'm no doctor.

3. [quote name='"Parable"']Looks pretty swollen. I don't think it's broken, it looks dislocated. But hey, I'm no doctor.[/quote]

I would go to the doctor if I had health insurance, but I don't and I'm not gonna go for just a pinky. Haha

4. Can you move it at all?

5. No way to tell without touching it, but I wouldn't rule out broken. I've seen broken pinkies that looked much better than that.

If you don't want to pay for a hospital/doctor, make a splint at home and ice it. Have you just left it like that for the last 36 hours??

6. get a pic of your hand from the top so we can see how crooked it is, whether it needs to be set

7. Ive broken/jammed my fingers multiple times. The deciding factor is always whether you can move it or not the next day. Jamming your fingers can make them swollen as shit, and hurt really bad, which will make you think it's more serious than it is. I've even had jams where I couldn't move them for 8-10 hours, but by the next day I always could. You said this happened 36 hours ago, so if you can move them at all, you're good, if not they're broken.

Also, don't be a sucker and go to the hospital for a broken finger. They will tape your finger to a popsicle, charge you $500, and send you on your way.

8. Well, can you move it?

Regardless, I would go with a previous suggestion, which is keep applying ice, and definitely get it in a finger splint.

9. yeah it might be smart to get it set. but do u have any friends that are doctors or
    there parents that are doctors.

i have over 10000 dollars in medical bills so

be careful

10. Asking a bunch of stoners for medical advice?

11. This is why we need universal healthcare beacuse so many people get hurt and don't want to get it checked out

12. Usually all they do for a broken pinky is put it in a little splint like this: [​IMG]

I'd just ice it, and wrap it in some cotton gauge, a small splint, and some adhesive bandage tape. Try to avoid using it or hitting it on things for a few weeks. Good luck! Looks painful :(

13. New pic from above. It's going out tithe side a little bit. I may just tape it to the finger next to it. No I haven't really touched it since it happened

Attached Files:

14. Fucken gross, goto the DR with that!

15. why so all the tax payers/insurance buyers have to pay higher rates?:hello::hello::hello::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ive broken my pinky many times (on both hands) from fighting, and not once have they been that swollen....
    just think of it this way, if the swolling never goes down at least the ladies will like it^^

16. Go to a doctor.
    That finger looks messed up !:eek:

17. Can you move it?

18. If we give you bad medical advice, don't sue us for malpractice :p

19. [quote name='"MR_"']Can you move it?[/quote]

Yeah I can move it a little bit. Not much though. I have a really high pain tolerance so I'm just thinking it might be worse than I think. It's really hurting tonight though

20. take 800 mg ibuprofen. Its an anti-inflammatory. It doesn't look broken, but I'm no professional.