Does this count as first day of flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Isaiah Rowe, Jan 15, 2017.

1. I see these white positions and was wondering does this count as the first day of flower?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. No. You don't actually get flowers to start putting on until around 7-10 days after you change the light cycle to 12/12. I'd say give the plant 10 days after the flip before starting the count. TWW

3. The count officially starts when you turn lights to 12/12

• Like Like x 1
  4. There's 4 phases to flower my dude. Would you start your new month on the second week? Or a new year 6 months down the line? Your right about not getting pre-buds until day 7/10 sometimes even day 14 I've seen. But in the end it always starts when you induce photo period to your plant. This would be a good experiment for you. Grow 2 plants of the same strain by clone... start your count on day 12/12 or 10 days when it hits. Then have your final product tested at a laboratory and look at the different results. You'll be amazed st your findings!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Guys no no no... Think about this for second... Making the first day flower anytime after day 1 12/12 doesn't make sense.... The seed company wants you to be on the same cycle for everyone.... The pistils can come out at different times and even in late veg... That doesn't mean your day 1 flower...

Day 1 flower is the first day you flip the lights back to 12/12.... Just bc the plant doesn't immediately throw the pistils doesn't mean don't count those days....I can promise you one million percent that's right....I know couple breeders we've all had this discussion and wonder where the confusion is coming in.... We have to have a way to keep beginners on schedule till they learn how to read there plant... So we give plain and simple days of flower.... So the day you start flowering, if your seeds say 56-63 days, then it means that... There would be way too much confusion to make it different...

Hope this helps good luck everyone

• Like Like x 2
  6. So as soon as you flip to 12/12 is day 1?

7. Correct.... Seed company's want this to be an easy task knowing when your plants are done.... If day 1 changed like that then any variance in your grow Could change day 1.... How would they ever know what to tell you....

If you can push extra 5 to 7 days I always like to but plenty of times I've taken on the first day possible and always turns out great but the later date even pushed another week just makes it stronger and more tasty to me... Good luck BUDdy

8. I'm on day 18 of flower and I don't see any flowers forming or anything all I have is 1 white hair on one of the nodes...

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm sorry I'm on day 16

10. Do you have a Sativa dominant strain, if so that's normal....

Next are you completely dark in the dark stage bc this is extremely important...

Your not giving any nitrogen or veg nutes are you..?....

Answer those then I can know lil more

11. Take whole plant photo

12. Some sativa dominant strain can take up to 12-13weeks flowering

13. I'm growing a northern light special by KC Brains and no I'm only giving flowering nutes[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. OK so only thing next could be is dark stage.... What kind light you using.... You may just have late flowering plant, it's possible.... But normally about 7 days in you should see some clustering of hairs

• Like Like x 1
  16. That looks like it's indica dominant but these days with all the crosses and hybrids that doesn't really mean anything....

Where did your seeds or clones come from

17. I'm using a mars hydro 300 and my seeds came from the UK

18. Omg you saved yourself. I was about to write a long lecture on white positions on your plant. White positions no longer matter. Only black ones do.

19. so tell me about your dark stage... Are you completely dark, no cracks, no slivers of light or anything right.... Pitch black