Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does The Taste Of Bud Bind To Your Saliva?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by the_tobzster, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Hey guys, so I was really high the other day and I thought about something while smoking. I always have a strong taste of weed after smoking in my saliva, like all my saliva is filled with the taste of weed/the certain strain I am smoking. Like it becomes quite thick(adhesive) and has a 'tangy' sort of taste to it haha...Anybody else get this?

What I am really trying to say is I can really taste the strain of the weed - as the more I smoke, the more the flavor becomes apparent/stronger. Is this just from being so high that you are more aware of the taste or is this just how it works? :p

2. It's dependent on the strain, your saliva's current state etc.
    But yes for the most part, the taste will linger for a long time due to the fact that weed dries out the mouth, causing concentrations of your saliva to rise, causing it to hold on to more terpenoids, which give most of the taste and flavour to weed.

But there's the thing about tastebuds becoming numb with prolonged exposure to a stimulus. To be sure, it does happen in this case, but seems to take much longer. I do not know why. Hope somebody comes along and answers that :D

That's cool man I had no idea it worked like that haha.. Serious? What like repeated use of cannabis leading to numbing of the tastebuds? Shitt.

4. Yeah I'd say so. I can always taste it until I eat something, especially when I vape.
    Also my ex was a stoner and kissing usually tasted like the weed we had lol
    Mmm