Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does The Smoke Buddy At Spencers Really Work?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Krogers141, Jul 9, 2014.

1. #1 Krogers141, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  2. Yes and yes and yes

Trim Nazi

3. Wonderful I am going to go get it asap thanks man! :smoke:

4. You could also make your own which would be cheaper and could still work just as well. I duct taped two decommissioned longboard wheels together and stuffed dryer sheets inside. I can hotbox my room and car without any (dank) smell. 

5. It works for a while. Gets rid of all of the visual smoke, But leaves about 0.25% of the smell still there. Keep in mind that your breath will still smell and that if you don't replace it after a while, It will stop working entirely.

6. It works better for vaporizers..smoke is still going to leave some odor but it will definitely take some of the smell out.

7. #7 phunk doc, Jul 9, 2014
    i bought a mini which was on sale at my lhs, and then we bought 3 full sizers. they are pretty good tool i would say, combined with blowing towards a window or with a little spritz of some air freshner, it really kills the smell.
    along with the things mentioned, try not to cough into it, as moisture cloggs up the filters much faster. wipe down the mouth piece from time to time, as youll notice a thin layer of resin on the walls with exhales. a trick i noticed is if you exhale slowly, as opposed to blowing your hit through with force, the buddy works much better at filtering the smell and smoke. if you blow your hit hard through it, like if you took too big of a hit, ive noticed actual unfiltered smoke come through, whilst if you control your exhale and just release like a normal breath, it will knock it out solidly.

edit: I forgot a trick to clean them. place it in the microwave and heat it up for 3-5 second , grab it with a towel and blow through it, careful not to burn your lips. you may see some steam come out as you're blowing through, that's excess moisture and resin I'm guessing, but it sort of cleans it a little and gives it new life. you may also be able to wipe the walls of the mouthpiece if they are cakey. careful not to overheat because it will melt the filters/fuck it up....its why we ended up buying the full sizers haha.

8. I am also planning on getting a can of ozium so I think with these 2 combined I should be good. But thanks for the input guys :smoke:

9. #9 Jesse Botwin, Jul 9, 2014

Putting plastic in the microwace sounds like a really, really, really horrible idea. Is $14 really worth blowing your entire kitchen up? Or melting all over the microwave, Ruining it?

10. How much would be a full size one be?

About $15 for a full size, Usually around $10 for a junior

12. Awesome I will look into those! Thanks man :smoke:

13. Ive used one of these things, and it worked wonders. Theyve got a carbon filter inside them and a new one will filter out the smell completely.

But ive never bought one cause youve gotta replace it every month if u use it daily, and a decent homemade sploof works just as well, and you can make like 100 of them for the price of 1 smoke buddy

14. they work pretty well, if I were you I'd just spend the little extra and get a full size. easier to exhale into.

anyway, like others said, these get rid of majority of the smell for the stuff you inhale/exhale, but there's still smell from bowls cherrying and whatnot. also you do have to replace the innards every so often. 

15. I will take everyone advice then and just go to my local head shop. If I have the smoke buddy and the can of ozium I should be pretty good for being able to smoke in a room right?

I'd still open the window, And keep a fan running. The more air circulation, The less smoke that will linger. (Also, I recommend packing small "one hitter" bowls, This way you don't keep a burning cherry).

17. Will do thanks man! :smoke:

18. It's not just sold at spencers but yeah it works great, they're disposable and don't last too long but great for the price :D

19. How long would it last for?

20. Works great dude. Much better than any homemade

This is the strangest life I've ever known