Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does the size of a bong affect how high it gets you at all?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nb7894, Aug 3, 2011.

1. I'm not sure if I am correct, but i thought I read somewhere that THC is not soluable in water so drinking your bong water does not actually get you high. Idk though i could be completely wrong. I did take a dry hit out of my bong yesterday because i forgot i emptied it....it got me high as fuck. happy toking!:smoke:

2. #22 Idonkeypunch, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You get higher off smaller hits as your lungs can absorb smaller hits quicker than bigger hits, but a big hit will get you higher reallll quick, im sure the size doesnt matter as your still breathing the smoke itll just be thicker if its in a smaller object, o and I heard on these forums somewhere water filters out only a miniscule about nothing to worry about

3. #23 Idonkeypunch, Aug 4, 2011
    Doesnt flouride also sober you up? Like showers and brushing teeth

4. True, what a donut, THC is fat soluble and last time I checked water didn't contain fat. Does oil come out your tap mate?

5. Lol,who's been lying to you,man?

And the second part of your statement is absolutley ridiculous.:rolleyes:

6. So if you use milk in a bong instead of water..?

Lol I doubt it would work, but one of you stoners shall try it.

7. #27 InstaBlaze, Aug 4, 2011
    Lol I was thinking the exact same thing. I remember when I was in 9th grade and thought drinking bong water got you high. It just tastes horrible, and you have bits of ash and 'resin' floating around in there.

8. To an extent. It is easier to get larger hits out of a bigger bong because the smoke gets cooled more (especially if you have percs, diffusers, etc.) Sometimes though I like to get just as high taking smaller hits over a longer period of time. That is, if I have the time.

9. No it does not affect your high one bit. Taking bigger rips does get you higher but a taller bong does not guarantee bigger rips. In some instances it can be quite the opposite. I used to have a 3ft triple perc glass on glass diffused bong. It took so long for the smoke to reach my lips that by the time i was ready to clear it, it wasnt even close to white, and i dont do that double hit fill up the bong bullshit either fuck stale smoke. But right now i have a bong that is probably the same size as yours (i think its 9") and i can get a way bigger rip off of it with half of the work. Plus the size of the bong makes the clear quick.

Btw carb holes kinda do suck on a bong because they are a booby trap for stoners to spill water on themselves (fucking stoner traps) so i would recommend you start searching for some sort of cork. My friend had one of those fake hurricane bongs and ended up finding a perfect cork for it (think it was the rubber piece off a door stop) like the day before he wanted to sell it lol.

10. Dude, did you already use it? Aren't you going to hve to go on a plane when you go back to your homeland? :confused:

11. Come on guys it was funny for a while but the joke is over. Of course you can get high drinking bong water. I mean you do have to wait until it turns fairly dark green and has a good odor to it, i think they call it green dragon or something. Yall are just trying to be dickheads and make him waste perfectly good bong water. Fucked up.

12. So what i read is that If you use water you get less high because it absorbs a little bit of thc? im guesing this applies to bubblers. ):

13. Can't tell if trolling or stupid...

Green dragon = vodka that has had weed soaking in it. THC is alcohol soluble, not water soluble. That's why that works and bong water doesn't.

14. That honestly just showed how stupid you are my good man.

15. Its just like your sig
    "fuck you instablaze, that trap was for stupid stoners."

16. The ignorance when it comes to bong size is fucking astounding.

My 12" bong could take as big of a rip as any reasonable smoker could want. Pre-cooler, perc, and dome perc + Ice pinch all in 12". Super cooled giant hits.

With tall bongs you take in a lot more air before you take in smoke... You have to clear the 18" of air before you can clear the 18" of smoke. I can clear 12" of air, increase the density of the smoke, and get just as big of a hit with less wasted lung space on regular air.

17. The bigger the bong, the more fun you get out of watching somebody try to milk it!

18. I think it does make a difference, but not that much. personally I prefer smaller bongs because I have little bitch lungs as well as a sensitive throat. I like taking smaller hits so I don't cough as much. I bought a bong from here that was only about 8 or so inches tall, and it hit like a wild beast. so honestly I don't think it matters that much.

19. oh god, bong fail

20. To everyone saying stuff about bringing it on the plane...
    1) Have not used it yet

2) I got it triple bubble wrapped

3) I'm going to put it in the big luggage bag that they never check and put it inbetween clothes