Does the mere existence of an above ground Marijuana Industry help reduce the stigma of Marijuana at all............................................?

Discussion in 'General' started by rayrayrayne75, Oct 20, 2013.

1. #1 rayrayrayne75, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    Im talking about those marijuana shops where theres jars of buds on display and marijuana edibals, drinks being sold. How much does that improve the image of marijuana to the average Americans who doesnt use marijuana? That vs the illegal black market marijuana which remains in the dark and in secret run by shady people. 

Whats your opinion on this? Do you support an above ground legal marijuana industry even if its taxed and regulated? 

2. Very interesting. I am an architecture student, and I am working on a project which proposes an above ground community hydroponic farm/marketplace in the New York City projects. The idea was a response to observed proliference of the same "illegal black market" you mentioned, but when I pitched this idea to my professor she worried that this would increase the stigma that the projects have regarding drugs. I would think the opposite, that seeing marijuana sold openly and professionally would legitimize the market and help to eliminate the stigma, but I have yet to find any evidence. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and references to sources would be even better!

3. Cept' feds keep running over dispensaries

4. dude the 'shady' industry wasnt hidden in the dark

there was clear crime going on over weed all the time, and still fuckng is in the illegal states.

the only people making the legal industry look bad are the idiots who cant handle weed annd dont need to be smoking it.