Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does the intensity of a high degrade?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Akpolarbears, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Does how strong a high feel ever get less intense? I know you have different potency in different strains. But as I sit here stoned I wonder how people can stay high for weeks at a time. I can't even imagine being this stoned for more than like a day or two.

2. I'd say it does. I have been smoking everyday for a while now and personally noticed that my highs aren't as good as they used to be

3. I remember the first time I got stoned and didn't get that sinking in the couch feeling, been chasing the dragon ever since. So enjoy no tolerance while it lasts.

4. Yes.
    I haven't soared like I used to in a while.
    T break will fix that up though, rest your cannabinoid receptors and stop jerking the gherkin for like a month and see your incredible dopamine levels turn even your own mothers death to a feeling of joy when you toke.

5. Cannabanoid receptors don't just stop when you're not smoking. Their used for neurotransmission of multiple different cannabanoids that your brain makes itself. So, in theory, your tolerance will die off much faster if you're depressed. The more you know.

6. :hello:

Learn something new every day (r.e the depression)
    And yeah I know but your endocannabinoids are nowhere near as active, right? Haven't seen much data on it but the implications were that the plant should be used to keep your levels up rather than to get high anyway.
    Hence, you know, why people on RSO stop getting high after a period of use but see continual incredible health benefits! :D

7. I don't think so, I've been smoking pures for around 2 years now, maybe an ounce every month but I only smoke on weekends due to work. I smoke pures and only pures (Can't stand tobacco) and sometimes when I'm low I'll ration my bud and make smaller joints and I get the same high but for not as long.. But if you feel you need alot more to get you stoned, try to not have it for a couple of days

8. I've found that after daily toking the high is not really any less intense, one hit still gets me good. If anything you become accustomed to the high and just don't let side-effects, well, effect you. I feel like I'm not even that high and I'll look at the clock and its 2 hours later.

9. Yeah it tends to go down the more often you smoke. Which is why I try to take t-breaks.

10. id say you do start to notice it decrease, but not too much. also, the thing i love about weed is, you can stop smoking for a couple of days or weeks, come back, and be super blazed.

11. Yea if i dont smoke for a long time and then i smoke some 20%+ thc weed ill be practically trippin like on too much edibles but if i smoke that same weed for a week i can smoke tons no problem..i also tend to get paranoid when my tolerance goes down so i dont let it

12. This made me laugh... Even weed related problems can be fixed by smoking more weed ;D

13. Oh yeah definetly the high is reduced the more you smoke it especially if its the same strain , but right now im smoking like crazy my guy is getting better and better stuff each time , shit is stinkier everytime haha

14. That "dragon" you speak of is nothing more than a common toad compared to alternatives. :D

But yes, you are right. The intensity decreases as tolerance increases. In a sense though, I kind of like the control of knowing how much it takes to get me to a certain level. Really don't have any chance of greening out anymore, which is a good thing with tolerance I guess.

Boy, this thread brings back memories of those first few couch lock sessions... :smoking:

15. #15 seanzee311, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    Am I the only one who is convinced that my tolerance is more or less the same than it was 10 years ago? I smoke just about everyday 3 times a day, and I still feel stoned out of my mind frequently with very little bud. In fact, it definitely takes me much less weed to do the job than it did in years past. I go through an oz every four months. So if anything, I would say my tolerance--over a few years--has gone down with regular use. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Granted, for the first year of smoking I will admit the feeling was different (slightly more intense and unpredictable). But I also used to get much more nervous and on edge almost to the point where I was gonna quit. So glad I didn't.

I don't think the "chasing the dragon" idea really applies here. Isn't that a reference for really hard drugs, like the ones that people shouldn't be doing? If you wanna get really really baked just start smoking dabs.

16. I'm in the same boat. When I do smoke a lot, I tend to notice the effects less. However, if I just wait a few hours until I come down completely, the effects are much more noticeable. Lately I've been smoking like a gram per week as long as I don't share my stash. I stay high constantly, even though this is probably the least I've ever smoked!

17. I find that when I smoke the same strain for a couple a days, my tolerance to that strain will grow quickly. But the minute I smoke a new strain I can pretty blazed. But in general, the less u smoke, the more intense you're highs are.

18. Same for me. I always try to switch up my strain every few days because of my quickly adapting tolerance. I got that way with Sour D in NY and Headband. Had to almost literally give my stuff away just so I could restock on something new and never smell it again.

19. why is this in the seasoned tokers subforum? hehe.

20. Get your body in check keep your self healthy and don't smoke too much weed in a day