Does the color of runoff mean anything?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dexorated, Jan 9, 2008.

1. If I'm watering with pure water, should the runoff water be mostly clear? I've noticed on some of my sick plants the runoff is yellow or even brownish. Does this indicate a toxicity?

2. hehehe dude go to your back yard get a handful of soil and run water through it 100% says it will be brown/yellowish.

so in other words YES this is fine just cheak the PH with a run off PH test kit they r about $10 if u dont already have one.

3. the only time i see dirty water runoff is when it's the first watering of new soil. but i usually rinse the soil before i use it. did you just recently transplant?

4. this is in plants that are 2 months old... and i know it's not just the dirt mixing with the water. The more water I run through, the clearer it comes out the bottom.

5. yeah this is fine man mine was cloudy water for aggggges just cheak the ph of ur water if u can and keep up the good work and remember its better to under fert than over fert :D

6. Brown and yellow coloring by itself doesn't mean anything. You should expect to see some of this coloring, the water steeps the soil as it passes through and draws out the salt build-ups and wastes from the plant. The only time brown and yellow coloring of the runoff matters is when flushing, you want to run water through until the runoff is pretty clear.

7. say that to your self
    you said the more water i put in it the clearer it becomes
    of course this makes sense its fine totally natural and it in turn means ur soil is salt and build up free which is good you want to soak em down good so they drip about 3 cups out bottom....dont water often but when you do water dont be afraid to get em wet