Does some bud actually taste good?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by JMS31207, Oct 4, 2011.

1. This might be too long for some so to put it simply, does jollyrancher strain actually taste like them? does banana kush taste like banana at all? are the flavors of bud really easy to discern or does it take lots of smoking to be able to "build a pallet" for the different tastes?

Hey guys, been a long time smoker but ive never experienced bud that didnt taste like shit. Every time i buy new bud i try to describe the taste of the first bowl and it always seems to be very similar. A smokey taste, definitely not a good taste, maybe some burning etc. Even when i smoke out of high end glass the more refined taste still is shitty. i would define it as earthy if i had something else to compare it to but i dont. I have over the last couple of months really gotten into the high-end glass game and have been fortunate enough to hit some of the best bongs and bubblers on the market.

But i live in texas. Being a non-medical state, good bud is hard to come by. I have come to the conclusion that one or two growers provide about 90% of the bud in my area, because no matter what dealer i buy from i seem to get very similar quality weed. I can tell the differences between the highs of indica's and sativa's pretty easy because i pretty much can only find indica's down here. So when i pick up some mystery bud and the high is so much different i can identify the much more cerebral high as a sativa dominant strain.

anyways... im jealous of yall in medical states... im definitely gonna make a trip out to cali next summer. My back problems are serious enough for me to get hydrocodone if i want so i dont think getting a medical marijuana license wouldnt be too hard.

TL;DR
    Do some strains taste sweet? are some sour? whats is a fuely taste? need help imagining this because my girlfriend thinks all weed tastes like shit and people are exaggerating. I hope that is not so.

2. Yes buds can all taste different, I think it has to do with turpentines, or maybe thats the smell. Either way some strains like strawberry cough, sweet haze, and so forth can have a flavor to them. Fuely usually means like diesel fuel, ie nyc diesel

3. I don't know that's weird, if you really want to taste a strain, clean out your spoon perfectly and load it

4. I've gotten shit from my dad that tastes like pure dreams. Does that make sense? It shouldn't.

5. Ha lemme get some

6. every time i buy from a new dealer or get bud that looks a little different i get out my "marijuana logs" (what i call my marijuana journal) and i write a minimum of half a page about the taste, and the high. I have a glass chillum that is my ritual piece for journal entries which gives the strongest taste (note i said strongest, not best) of all my pieces. Then afterwards i smoke from my current most diffused water piece to get the most refined flavor and write another half page on the differences.

7. Well grown and well cured bud can taste great if its the right strain, others not so great. The more filtration you have the less flavor you will get out of your bud, If you really want to taste it the best ways I know are a simple pipe or 1 hitter, or, best of all, a vape. Vapes almost always taste fantastic. I have had several types of bud that I liked the taste of smoked though, my favorite was an AK47/White widow cross I had a little over a year ago. Had a very clean, slightly fruity flavor. Reminded me a bit of orange flower water in orange juice, if you've ever had that, though with a lot of herbal flavors too. Its hard to find bud that tastes really good outside of medical states it seems, I haven't found any since my dealer back in florida moved right after I got that strain.
    You do need a slightly developed pallet to really taste subtle differences, but some strains taste very different, so you could definitely appreciate it even if you aren't particularly experienced with good strains.

8. you mean terpenes

9. chemical composition and what the plant was fed has alot to do with it. but yeah. i think nothing in the world tastes better than a hit of some dank from a clean bong.:D

10. i feel like you could prob sell that shit to a magazine if you actually know what your talking about

11. I had some afghani orange once and it smelled and tasted just like oranges... OMG so delicious

12. Seriously man I'm from FLA and I'm 19......I've had bud that tastes sooooo good, I was upset every time I smoked it (because I had less & less.) And this is not a rare occurrence, either. Try to find some new connects. For taste, as long as the strains are legit, I'd say Sour Diesel is #1, Bubba Kush is #2, Northern Lights #3, Super Silver Haze #4, and probably OG at #5......but to get those you gotta have a good, consistent dealer that knows his shit. Not easy to come by. But if you get your hands on them, yes, there are DEFINITELY buds that make your mouth water, even when smoked out of really dirty pipes. It's all about the curing process.

13. im in washington and we do have co-ops here and i do have my perscription. and i know from personal experience if sweet tooth is grown right it taste's like lemon drop candy, cough tastelike oranges, and i have had a few other sweeter types. and it is nice to go into a store and pick out of the many choices then you can really tell the different flavors.

14. Try using hemp-wick (bee-line is best imo), or an herb iron. And where in Texas?

15. I love the taste of weed

16. Method of smoking helps with taste as well...

Glass rods/Herb Iron drastically improves the taste over Bic and even hempwick.

Hakko 455 > Bic, hempwick, glass rods...etc :D

17. Sour diesel tastes like sour patch kids!

18. No it does not.

19. turpentine= Turpentine is an organic solvent. Its vapor can irritate the skin and eyes, damage the lungs and respiratory system, as well as the central nervous system when inhaled, and cause renal failure when ingested, among other things. Being combustible, it also poses a fire hazard.

terpene= the thing responsible for flavours

its important to get this right so no dumb fuck pours terps on their bud to 'get flavors'

20. Hemp wick, glow rods, herb iron, vape. Gotta love that real kush taste, its just amazing. And Sour D just taste sour and pungent i guess. This is the true diesel, very fuely:D