Does Smoking Marijuana Make You A Bad Person?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by nunsbythebundle, May 22, 2013.

No offense but it sounds like your mom lacks common sense.

2. Your mom is an imbecile. I hope she didn't raise you.

3. Out of all things that could possibly make you a bad person, I don't think marijuana would even be on the list..

4. I think you'd really struggle to achieve 'ego death' from smoking weed. That's not a term I'd throw around lightly. Being paranoid about your weed use isn't ego death, it's your subconscious telling you to smoke less.

OP, your parents come from a different time when the only way to get news was to read the (biased) papers and the only way to read scientific reports (none of which existed on MJ) was to go to a university library. Of course they think its bad, they've been told its bad for decades and had nowhere else to hear otherwise. Now, maybe they are the kind of people who do their own research, but clearly they haven't been trying very hard or else they'd understand their error.
    </blockquote>
    The ego death is when you feel the crushing agony of worthlessness.

When yoh realize your garbage and get depressed.

Many people blame the weed itself and see themselves as druggies.

I didnt mean to throw the word around. Its a real thing

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

No, that is just depression. Ego death is the loss of distinction between internal and external, when you come to a realisation that you are the universe rather than an individual within the universe. 'Ego' doesn't mean big-headed, it means the conscious you that makes decisions and acts towards self-interest. I've never experienced ego death, but I know it isn't the 'crushing agony of worthlessness', it is a psychological state that people actively seek to better their outlook on reality and their own lives. 

6. #46 yurigadaisukida, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    No, that is just depression. Ego death is the loss of distinction between internal and external, when you come to a realisation that you are the universe rather than an individual within the universe. 'Ego' doesn't mean big-headed, it means the conscious you that makes decisions and acts towards self-interest. I've never experienced ego death, but I know it isn't the 'crushing agony of worthlessness', it is a psychological state that people actively seek to better their outlook on reality and their own lives.
    </blockquote>Thats pretty much more words to say what i said.

Ego death is the death of ego.

Also if you havnt experienced it how can you make such claims?
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

But death in this instance isn't a bad thing, it's supposed to be enlightening. It's the reason that people take ayahuasca, practice meditation or lucid dreaming. 'Realising you're garbage' is not ego death, it's depression. I can make the claims because I did some research...

8. When you're experiencing ego death, there is no "you" to be worthless. "You" literally do not exist. 

9. "Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them."

- Mark 7:15

"What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them."

- Matthew 15:11

According to my man JC smoking weed is all good.

10. OP is under 18

11. It's a plant.