Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does smokeing weed every day lead to testicular cancer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nahitscool, Nov 21, 2011.

1. i just read this "Higher rates of testicular cancer in western nations have been linked to use of cannabis. A study conducted by the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and funded by the National Institutes of Health, published in the journal Cancer March 15, 2009, linked long term use of cannabis to an increased risk of 70 percent for testicular cancer with the scientists concluding that cannabis is harmful to the human endocrine and reproductive system."

Effects of cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. 8 years in, my nuts are grander than they've ever been. Baby making batter is on point too so relax.

3. It kills sperm a little bit but probably bullshit. Once again nobodys ever definitavely gotten cancer from bud.

4. do you have a good diet? cause i already exercise.

5. Another theory has to do with Mom's smoking tobacco during pregnancy
    Women smoking and testicular cancer: one epidem... [Int J Cancer. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Plastics....

BBC News - Chemical link to testicular cancer probed

So, they have no idea, essentially :)

6. Absolutely not, in fact it prevents cancers, Hemp oil has cured many cancers when applied to the skin, marijuana is anti-carsenegenic which means no it does not cause any kind of cancer../thread.:D

7. I would caution against phrases like "causes cancer." This study establishes a link, which is to say, finds a correlation. This does not imply that cannabis necessarily causes cancer, just that people who smoke heavily are more likely to get it. That means the only thing we can say for sure that being a heavy smoker, for some as yet undetermined reason, puts you at higher risk.

There are some theories suggest a causative relationship, i.e. THC might interfere with the binding of natural, anti-tumor cannabinoid agonists in the testicles (which have cannabinoid receptors, weirdly), or possibly lead to a tolerance effect that suppresses the synaptic activity of those receptors and let cancerous growth go unchecked. None of these theories have any hard evidence to support them yet, though.

8. If it did, id have no nuts by now

9. i hope it doesnt now im all making crazy theory's like bob marley got brain censer cause he smoked so much.

10. when smoked it does have carcinogens i believe.
    And OP i doubt it.

11. That's some delusional thinking, it's not some cure all anti all cancer magical fairy dust, wake up.

The reality is unless there's been a definitive link don't worry about it; it could, who knows. I'm not worried about it.

12. Great now I'm gonna try and see if my balls get a buzz from smoking indica or something : /

13. OP was trolling.

14. #15 xBrent, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    Bob Marley died from cancer in his foot. Not his brain.

* Also, Bob Marley could have had a good shot at recovery, but because of his religion (Rastafarian) he was against amputation and decided to accept things how they were. (Until very close to the end, he decided to try a skin graph I believe and that did not work.)

Sorry, I ended up researching how Bob Marley died one day and I learned all that haha.

15. Hope not, or I'll have balls like Randy's from south park by the time I'm 40. Then I'll have to switch to baby golf ball sized prosthetics. Lame.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEbrr7lwKW4[/ame]

16. It really has been researched as an anti-tumor, and if you're skeptical about that, think of hemp itself as a super-food. Vitamin C cures cancer, so they look into things like Acai and Spirulina that apparently cure a lot of ailments. There should be so much more nature in medicine. Doctors have it all wrong.

Anyway, it's illegal to treat cancer in the US with anything except surgery and radiation therapy. Even though vitamin C has been proven to work and marijuana has some research behind it.

17. Smoking enlarged my testicles
    [​IMG]

18. i doubt it but if it does do like south park and get a med card and bounce around on your balls. (;