Does she look normal?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blackonehitter1289, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Hello everyone

This is my first grow ever, and I have a quick question. How does she look? She was in the dirt on 08/23, and sprouted on 8/26. She gets her water from clean bottle water, and is growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. She lives in a 1-foot, by 2 feet pvc grow box, that is wrapped up with the sun visors you use to block the sun from warming up your car. She also has 4 Philips CFL (6500k) lights on her with a 20/4 light cycle, I use a box fan to keep it from getting too hot, that is on a cycle of 2 hours on 2 hours off. I water her every 2-3 days depending on the finger test 1 inch deep into the dirt, I water until there is some water run off. Her family tree is from bag seed, so I have no clue of her genetics, but If I grow her into some nice smoke able bud I will move on the better seeds. She started showing her true leaves on 09/03.
    Her true leaves seem to be exploding, so I'm just making sure shes good.

Thank you for any replies.

Here she is
    [​IMG]

2. #2 PNWClosetGrower, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
    I have this problem too, still have it after 25 days, she's still trying to grow out one side but it had an unexpected good thing pop out of it. Growing out one side like that kind of naturally low stress trained her and she's got two or three times the new tops coming out of her bad side because of how much light can get in without the big fan leaves in the way. I freaked out too but gave her a chance and she's still funky but not looking bad at all. Here's pics of what happened to me, i believe it was a ph issue early on but i'm really not certain. These are day 7 and day 25, she's still kicking. I wouldn't give up on her just yet. but no it's not normal however not normal as i've learned in the last few weeks does not mean dead or dying. i'm also using a mix of soil including ffof, black gold, perlite and coco-coir. People say a lot that ffof can do bad things to seedlings, it's great soil though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Thank you for the response.

Yeah she looks healthy, just seems to be growing her true leaves fast. I would not say she is growing from one side, that is a top view image of her, here is a side view.

[​IMG]

4. Looks a little mutant but seems to be growing fine.

5. Thank you for the reply.

Yeah mutant, but so were the x-men so maybe it will grow some awesome buds, hell maybe it will bush it self out, instead of growing tall.

6. My bad, looked like it in the first pic. Still though i'm on my first grow and my mutant is surprising me. Enjoy the ride with her. [​IMG]

7. No way man! Should have posted more then one pic. Im excited about my grow, and proud of my mutant. The seeds I used were at least a year to 2 years old, so that could have something to do with it, The baby leaves at one point were pointing straight up, but little adjustment with the lights made them even out.

8. You going to start a grow journal? I'd love to follow up on it.

9. #9 Blackonehitter1289, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
    I have one I have been doing on open office. Is there a place to do that on the site?

Never mind I found it, Yeah I will start one!