Does Ron Paul even have a chance anymore?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ChiefBuddha, Jun 17, 2012.

1. I don't really keep up with politics but i'm wondering if anyone knows if there is any hope for ron paul to win over romney? I'm not sure if i'll even be voting if its obama vs romney cause it's a lose lose in my opinion.

2. Not a chance at all.

Obama > Romney

3. Yeah I didn't think so. I just saw he won Iowa so I didn't know if things have been going dramatically good for him.

I really don't like obama but I almost don't like romneys foreign policy even more.

4. #4 Nookies, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
    Nope. Simply because he doesn't have the media overexposing him and celebrities and Hollywood talking about him.

Win Hollywood over = Instant win. Sad but true. Too many celebs like Clooney, Angelina,etc publicly backed obama.

Funny enough and sadly enough theres always at least half a dozen GOOD worthy candidates that no one literally never hears about simply because of the media.

Instead of people looking into it and doing their own research about candidates they rely on the generally bias media and celebs.

The second Politics basically became Hollywood PR tactics we were screwed.

5. #5 Yourcatdead, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

This. I was reading this book, and this is exactly what happened to the country. It all started when one newspaper back in the 1800s bashed one of the candidates. Now ever since, the media controls the outcome on shit. Because they dictate so much of peoples mind. It's sad but it's over for Dr. Paul. After November though, I will put a bumper sticker under my RP one saying "Told you so" or something to that effect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHq-SevTcQ]Immortal Technique- The 4th branch - YouTube[/ame]

6. I'm still voting for him when he runs 3rd party.

7. #7 SniperKitty, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
    Idk, but it wouldnt be the first time a candidate won by taking delegates and not States. Its happened once, don't remember who it was and I'm on my phone and cant look it up.

http://sytereitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Slide2.jpg

The map is a bit dated because it's 2 months old, but by this you can see that winning a state doesn't necessarily mean you are collecting all it's delegates.

8. He has less chance than Gary Johnson, who has zero chance.

9. Unfourtunatly no

10. he never had a fuckin chance. even if he did win do you think they would let him be put in office??? no they would have lied about the votes and put someone else in.

11. completely agree

12. Also agree. They didn't want Al Gore to be president and look what happened.

13. Don't get me wrong, Al Gore was equally stupid imo. But still when you beat someone, you fucking beat them.

"...And numbers don't lie unless we do Bush & Gore over"

14. Just once in my lifetime I would like to see democracy work.

15. Probably not. Which is sad, considering the campaign funds he has/had. Gross mismanagement imo. On the other hand, Johnson has been operating on a shoestring, and I think he probably has a better chance than Paul. Honestly, they should probably team up and dump all of that funding into Johnson's campaign.

16. No he lost his chance when they obscured his wins.
    If people new what states he won when he won them,he would have had a chance.
    But we didn't find out till weeks after it was to late.
    He can effect the GOP platform though.

17. I'm confused maybe you can help me... what does us knowing about what states he takes delegates in have anything to do with the delegates he took? The delegates he took vote based on their own opinion, the ones that have to vote for what the state chose don't have a choice, but the majority of delegates aren't bound, and they don't use us to decide who they want to vote for.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how the lack of media attention and the masses lack of knowledge on what's really going on will determine the primary at all.

18. [quote name='"SniperKitty"']

I'm confused maybe you can help me... what does us knowing about what states he takes delegates in have anything to do with the delegates he took? The delegates he took vote based on their own opinion, the ones that have to vote for what the state chose don't have a choice, but the majority of delegates aren't bound, and they don't use us to decide who they want to vote for.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how the lack of media attention and the masses lack of knowledge on what's really going on will determine the primary at all.[/quote]

Well because ron Paul's base is so loyal they don't care if he won any states.
    The ones who really matter are the undecided voters.
    And if they think a candidate has no chance they wont waste their time with him.
    But if they saw the states he won when he won them instead of later when Romney had it wrapped up it would have been way different.
    That's why the GOP purposefully obscured the wins untill it was to late.
    Simple really

19. [quote name='"junkheadrev"']

Well because ron Paul's base is so loyal they don't care if he won any states.
    The ones who really matter are the undecided voters.
    And if they think a candidate has no chance they wont waste their time with him.
    But if they saw the states he won when he won them instead of later when Romney had it wrapped up it would have been way different.
    That's why the GOP purposefully obscured the wins untill it was to late.
    Simple really[/quote]

I still don't see how the voters have any say in it. some delegates are forced to vote one way or another yes, but a majority don't and those delegates can choose whoever they please. So regardless if the voters aren't informed the delegates can (and are saying they will) vote for Paul. So the voters really don't have much of a say in the primary.

If he got the nomination the media has no choice but to cover him and then the voters will be informed. But I see no coorilation to voters and delegates except in the States where winner takes all, but those delegates are outnumbered by the free delegates.