Does romance love exist?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by didier12, Jun 24, 2011.

1. So yeah does love for two human beings exist or is it simply a chemical reaction which aids our species to continue? I reckon it's the latter seeing as pretty much all urges we get seem to go in line with that, what do you guys think?
    Is there any scientific evidence it's the latter cause then hopefully I wont have to hear how much my workmates in love with his new girlfriend, this is the 6th girlfriend he "really does love" which seems further proof for me.

2. yes and no. Too an extent. I think you can also fall out of love unfortunately

3. Is there really a dichotomy between the two?

If all our emotions are chemicals reactions, are they any less real, intense, important or sincere?

4. what he said. just because it's just some chemical reactions, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or that we shouldn't value it as highly.

5. Chemical reactions don't exist? Everything we see, feel, and think is a result of something PHYSICAL happening within our central nervous systems. Technically speaking, everything our minds can do is just chemical reactions and electrical signals.

6. I think it is the latter, but I will live as if it were the former.

7. This is just what I was going to say. Can it not be both?

Love exists because it is a real emotion (just like any other emotion) that is extremely benificial to our species.

8. Love is real, plain and simple.

My girl and I have been together five years and as of the last year or so have been living with each other. Our time apart is limited pretty much to work as we really enjoy being with each other (she's my smoking buddy too:().

She's been gone (Babysitting for the weekend) since Friday morning and I feel uneasy without her presence, it makes me feel incomplete being away from her so long and I get this sort of empty feeling when I think about not being able to see her for so long (Less than 12 hours now...but still). The thought of losing her triggers actual physical pain.

Just telling you guys how I feel....

9. 4 play is heaven

10. I remember the good old days at my grade school. In kindergared some girl kissed my hand and i was so confused and embarrased haha.

11. My friend you've got to cut that dependency. Love is an understanding, not a bond. Being apart for long period of times strengthens relationships (so long as both parties remain faithful). Let no one single person be a crutch for your walk in life.

12. Well science hasn't really figured out the mind or emotions yet so you can hear what they have to say about it so far but none of their answers will be 100% correct.

I don't know the truth either, but I'm positive science hasn't figured it yet.

13. I basically agree with what Sam said..It is just a chemical thing in your brain as are many emotions, but does that make a difference to the experience? Its still "real"

14. This. People are submitting things like they're proven facts when they're still pretty sketchy at best.

15. Well, yes.

16. Kid feels deep, i like this. Except for the "physical pain" i hope your girl feels the same..... I do about my wife.....
    I luv that b*tch! LOL :metal: