Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does pot go bad?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by thunderfunk, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Thinkin about picking up an oz today. Picked up a quarter of it yesterday and it's the best shit I've had in a long time. It will prob take me a month to smoke the oz. Would the pot stay good for that long in a canning jar?

2. yes properly stored herbs will prob last years

3. if kept in a air tight container and kept out of light in a cool place, will last.

4. If its kept right it will continue to get better.

5. Just check if it has mold on it. (looks like bits of resin on the bud)

6. Put it in an air tight container in a dark cool place and you'll be fine man.

7. Just smoked a bowl of some stuff i stashed away February 2012

8. Picked up an eighth a few weeks back. Loaded a bowl yesterday it was actually more potent than before. So I'd say you're good.

9. Keep it in air tight container and in a cool dry place and it should be fine

10. I'd do a air tight jar but I did smoke some herb that was 4 years old I found in a brick in my basement I forgot I hid, still was good :smoke:

11. #11 CannabisKills, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    The longer you keep it, the more it is cured. While keeping marijuana stored properly does not make it more potent (if you keep it stored "X" amount of years that will not make its THC content increase by "Y" percent), it will cause certain chemicals to be produced which give the bud more "body high" properties that will make the bud feel more potent.

The longer the buds are left to cure, the more CBD that is produced, thus making the buds give users a much more noticeable body high, stoned couch-lock feeling. If you were to cure (store it) a fat nug for a month, and then take an identical nug and cure it for a year, there would be a more noticeable body high in the nug stored for a year. Its "potency" is not increased, but certain chemicals are given more time to "convert" to other chemicals which in return give the user a stronger "indica-like" bud.

12. [quote name='"CannabisKills"']The longer you keep it, the more it is cured. While keeping marijuana stored properly does not make it more potent (if you keep it stored "X" amount of years that will not make its THC content increase by "Y" percent), it will cause certain chemicals to be produced which give the bud more "body high" properties that will make the bud feel more potent.

The longer the buds are left to cure, the more CBD that is produced, thus making the buds give users a much more noticeable body high, stoned couch-lock feeling. If you were to cure (store it) a fat nug for a month, and then take an identical nug and cure it for a year, there would be a more noticeable body high in the nug stored for a year. Its "potency" is not increased, but certain chemicals are given more time to "convert" to other chemicals which in return give the user a stronger "indica-like" bud.[/quote]

This is true. In a air and light proof jar will keep weed good for years just dont mess with them to much