Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does pot cause brain damage in adolescents?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rileyscool101, Nov 26, 2011.

1. [quote name='"hippie flip"']It can make them absent minded, clumsy, unmotivated, psychologically addicted and in some cases depressed in my experiences. Just look at most high school weed smokers.[/quote]

Other than the super pot heads that love having that image, and try to have it (I call them fuck ups) most weed smokers I know in high school (senior) either never tried much at school (even they do alright though) or they still try.

2. ITT: Paternity breakthroughs

3. did you go to highschool at a zoo? Because i hear that monkeys don't do much after they smoke joints

4. [quote name='"Mogwai"']Yeah weed is best left for after highschool honestly. It's so much more convenient and worry free in my opinion, which lets you enjoy it a whole lot more.

You say he started when he was 14 though and I think 14 is for sure too young personally. Fuck even at 15, you still have some imagination and you can find amusement in some of the stupidest shit. If you still have that, you don't need the herb haha[/quote]

I still have that. I smoke cause it feels good, and makes boring shit fun, fun shit more fun, and funny shit hilarious. I can make a game out of anything, which I have done my whole life. I get great natural highs, and in no way NEED weed. But ya, 14 is too young. 16 or 17. I smoked my first time at 15, but never got high until I was 16 + 1 month (best Halloween ever).

5. The theory that marijuana kills brains cells has been disproved:
    NORML's Marijuana Health Mythology

also, I smoke weed every day and still get all my work and studying done and I have a 4.0 GPA

6. i don't think he should be smoking everyday. i started at 15 but only occasionally on weekends and whatnot. as long as he is mature enough to be responsible with bud and smoking let him smoke sometimes but not every day. :bongin:

7. I think if i post this comment i shall get rep.

8. Pot doesn't cause any brain damage at all.

It's the fact that you're not sober that leaves lasting imprints on the developing social and behavioral parts of the brain.

Once your brain gets used to being high all the time, if you ever turn sober for a long period you'll notice how fucking un-normal you are compared to everybody else.

As for any serious brain damage on young kids? No, there are plenty of young kids who smoke and stay fine as adults. Most stoners started doing it during the teenage years.

But like I said, in habitual users it will make you very anxious later in life as you're brain has developed and is used to being anxious (of getting caught, getting into an accident, etc.)

9. LIES!

and pot doesn't cause brain damage. Crack does.