Does our current celebrities impact our youth and society?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Str8Faded, Nov 22, 2018.

1. It's pretty sad when these kids's idols are rappers who beat pregnant women, rape children, brag about how much money they got but needs to rob people at gun point, and racketeering and gang affiliation shit.. with tats covering their face while popping Xanax like candy and drinking lean like water..
    Do you think this is setting bad examples for our youth? It seems these kids worship these idols like 6ix9ine, NBA Youngboy, Lil Pump, etc as the greatest things to be placed on earth.. They're doing nothing but being destructive to our society with their garbage music. How did it come to this? Why do we worship celebrities nowadays and want to be like them?

2. This isn't the comment I think you were looking for .
    I worry about what I say and do...….I pick the path of how I live and what I do and what is moral and not moral to me .
    I have a tough enough time keeping my own back yard clean to worry about other peoples back yards .
    When I become perfect then I guess I will start worrying about other people dirty back yards .

• Like Like x 1

3. Right From the Top Yooo!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I understand what you're saying... but why are these people even relevant? Why are people supporting people that are pedophiles and beats up pregnant women? It's like the morals have changed, and they're now being "accepted" in society when this is usually the type of shit that gets you killed in prison.

5. Nothing has change , its always been a cruel world …always a unjust world and people in prison seem like they justify all their actions regardless if the person deserves to get killed or not ..
    Your making some immoral acts better then other immoral acts , when all immoral acts are immoral .
    Problem being is everyone is immoral sometime in there life according to certain people .
    First are you created or are you a evolved animal ?
    And whos morals do we live by mine , your ?

Imagine your hanging from a cliff by a chain .. every link in the chain represents a what you would consider a immoral act ,, murder stealing rape lying adultery , and on and on .
    When you do anyone of those immoral acts the link of the chain is cut and you fall to your death .
    See stealing one penny is still stealing , and the same immorally wrong as stealing millions .
    Murdering one person is just as bad as murdering many people

• Like Like x 1
  6. What else you expect in a place where they lock up dangerous criminals? They're in there for a reason. They're a threat to society.

Nobody knows if we're created or an evolved animal cause this hasn't been proven yet, it's only theories.
    And
    Morals were created by those in power. Me nor you created what is moral or immoral. Meaning, there is no right and wrong cause we were forced to believe what those in power believe to be "right and wrong". Breaking these rules results in punishment. Why should we be forced to follow morals of human made ideologies?

What's this gotta do with anything?

You still didn't answer the question I asked so I'll ask again..

We know all those things are immoral, so with that being said... Why do people support them knowing they're supporting what they're against?

And do these celebrities set a bad example for our youth?

7. Never found any fruit in bad mouthing anyone even if I think they are real scumbags .
    Don't care to gossip and I am forced into paying taxes to worse scumbags then the people who you are talking about
    Doesn't make any difference if I agree or disagree with you.
    We both support a immoral government that is many times worse then the people that support the scumbags your talking about .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. So you'd agree it's all an agenda correct?

9. A lot of it is rooted in the fact that young people often (almost always) look to rebel against the status quo.
    In that pursuit, a lot of them are turned on by the "I straight up don't care!!" attitude, and the craziest one, who cares the least, seems to be the wildest and most free.

Only once we mature, do we realize how idiotic, self destructive, and maniacal to actual real life society such behavior is.

Until then, the youth will continue to appeal to mindless character advertising, and it will continue to appeal to them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You are right, I guess part of being a child is just questioning authority and doing what you please cause children don't understand life yet. But there's a lot of children who don't fall into that as well.

Does everyone grow up tho? How many adults you think you met or came across that still acts like a 12 year old child? Reckless and "I don't care" attitude??

True.. But look how ridiculous this "entertainment" has become in the last 2 decades... Why are grown ass adults that's running the show, allow such garbage and destruction to be passed to youth for profit? Surely a 13 year old popping Xanax has nothing to do with his favorite rapper gloating about popping Xanax in all his songs, music videos, and social media..

I

11. Not everyone grows up for sure. Those people are generally a problem on those around them and frequently can't hold a job or get along with adult society.

The more extreme ones end up going to jail.
    Employers have zero interest in childishness, and temper tantrums are no longer cute when the person is 20+.

It is ridiculous, and it is part of a larger point.

We are currently experiencing an overload of media, stimulation, advertising, and technology in general.

As Marshall McLuhan would say, way back in the 50's and 60's, "The Medium Is The Message".

The message today, is that all this is happening.
    We are exposed to more advertisement, knowledge, and propaganda than the human race has ever been subject to before, by far.

• Like Like x 1
  12. There isn't a list of moral vs immoral acts, what is or isn't moral is different for each of us.

13. And those same groups they run with live the same lifestyles as these "rappers". Children inside an adults body. It's why they're on government assistance and think the worlds against them.. I mean.. It's not that difficult to get up in the morning to go to work and pay your bills. Life isn't a party and people do need to realize this.

And I personally find this frightening.. There's been many people who were famous in the 50's and 60's predict what it's gonna come to and it's happening. I don't even wanna think about how horrific it'll be in 10 more years..

• Like Like x 3
  14. Take sombre solace in the fact that the machine is on its way to clean things up, whether we want it or not

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Don't remind me... We're a robotic society as is.. Doing what we're told, how we're told to do it.. Enslaved in our own minds to think we're less than we really are to keep us from expanding and discovering. The last thing I want to be reminded of is how the robots are gonna take our jobs leading to the downfall of our civilization..

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's all a part of the control system, - an attack on consciousness. Limit peoples (young) view of what is possible and normalise delinquent and evil behaviour. Attack the family by promoting 'alternative' lifestyles and also push trans 'issues' or people at every opportunity. Damage the family and make people more reliant on the government (big brother).

• Like Like x 2
  17. #17 Zeke_M, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    This reminds me of an old Zappa song from 1973. I'm The Slime. A warning to the masses.
    The amount of "slime" with an agenda has increased exponentially.
    As a society we are far worse off with the amount of Social Engineering spewing forth from our electronic brainwashing devices.

For some reason I can't link to You Tube.

18. Always remember. There is a reason it's called television Programming.

• Like Like x 1
  19. How true, the U.S. even elected a president that is a known lyer, cheater and general scum bag but somehow almost half the country voted for him. I do see this as a problem having a seven year old daughter as I do not want her thinking the kardashians are good role models.

20. Really Ted? This definately has some homophobic connotations to it. Remember linguistics dont lie? No ones promoting it they are simply not denouncing it. It's like saying in the 50s and 60s that the government was promoting inter racial marriage, nonsense. This has nothing to do with the fact that celebrities are getting praise for being scum and even held upon pedestals. I think it has to do with parents not parenting and letting the T.V and internet raise our kids. People these days are too busy trying to keep their heads above the financial flood line and can't afford the time to raise their children so they end up idolizing those on T.V and internet instead of their own parents.