Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does one joint really equal 10 cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JohnnyOnTheSpot, Jan 8, 2009.

1. I beleive this is a bunch of bullshit but I'm a newbie so I wouldn't know.
    Does one joint really equal 10 cigarettes, or a pack of cigarettes like they say?

2. can i get some facts so I can prove people who say that wrong?

3. Just go to any medical MJ site and do some reading Mj has none of the cancer causing tars of chems.

4. Your doing some work for the propagandists, they only claim 5, I belive. But I dont even believe that. Marijuana is much healthier than cigs.

5. You can usually figure things out for yourself if they use good common sense and solid reasoning. I mean, think about it. If that were true, your parents would have died back in 1972. (along with three quarters of the HISTORY OF POPULATION) Those stupid fuckin commercials are called propaganda, largely influenced by the US Gov.

No dude, that's not true at all.

6. Johnny,

I have been smoking for 25 years. Some time back I became concerned about what damage I may be doing to my body. I spent a considerable amount of time researching the subject. What I found was a moderate amount of what appeared to be realonable research burried beneath a huge pile of BS.
    I would expect today that you will find a bit more unbiased research & discussion. There are those who are set on demonizing pot and "cherry picking" and distorting facts to present the worst as well as those that will completely overlook the fact that you are inhaling concentrated combustion byproducts. One study I read based thier conclusions on the "average" pot smoker who consumed 20 joints a day.......

My own conclusions from reading extensively on both sides of the argument are that I do believe that if smoking identical quantities of each that the tobacco causes somewhat less damage to the lungs but is physically adictive.

HOWEVER: Tobacco smokers typically consume many, many times more tobacco than pot sokers do pot. Most cigarette smokers I know consume somewhere between 15 - 40 cigarettes a day. Most pot smokers I have known don't smoke one complete joint a day. I did know one guy that smoked an OZ by himself every week but I think that is exceptional.

IMHO: Inhaling ANY concentrated smoke is bad for your lungs. I personally feel that the benefit from smoking in moderation exceeds the negative effects. I am however shopping for a vaporizer.

7. #9 TheWeedian, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
    no wai
    my dair techer sez joints r bad
    thay giv u kanser
    and put hols in ur brane
    and maek u eat other peepl
    weed is gai
    ur a looser

whoever tells you that is 1) stretching the truth, and 2) assuming you smoke as much as a tobacco smoker would. except the holes in the brain, this isn't xtc.

steve m is exactly right. people also don't take into account the fact that medical grade marijuana 1) decreases the amount you have to smoke, and 2) greatly increases the ratio of thc to plant matter. they've already found that thc itself doesn't cause cancer. a lot of people trying to get you not to smoke will tell you that pot causes cancer, and that pot today is several times more potent than it was 20 years ago. that itself is a contradiction. instead of smoking 2 joints - which used to be a reality back when strong pot was like 8% - you can just smoke a bowl and get high. less smoke, less cancer, fuck above the influence.

knowledge is power. i'd check the NORML site or erowid for mmj info. stay above the ignorance

8. hey man iam sorry i have no good prove for what iam saying because the videos and site are all in german xD but the news in germany sometimes just lie when they report about canabis just to fear the people so dont belive everything which was said on TV :) or in the newspapers :)

9. that guy used to be me when i was working..:(
    miss those days..

10. Bull shit I say

11. Equal in what though?

A joint is made out of weed, it's a totally effect from that of 10 cig's made out of tobacco. Tobacco and weed do not have the same effect, so they can't be equal.

12. More propaganda. Gotta love it xD

13. The study he is referring to was comparing amount of inhaled tars.

I dont think tars are why cigaretty smokers get cancer though. I've read about radioactive ferts they use on the plants that end up in peoples lungs.