Does # of trichomes determine the potency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by heratis, Feb 2, 2012.

1. What determines the overall potency of the bud? I have some buds that are fairly covered with trichomes and some with nearly half that. Does this affect the flavor as well?

2. I assume it would, although I think potency has more to it than volume of trichomes. I've had really really really good weed, that isn't super duper crusted with trichomes, and had some that was no good that just looked like a frozen bud.

I honestly have more faith in the curing process than I do in volume of trichomes when it comes to potency.

3. The maximum potency of the plant is locked into its DNA. If its only capable of producing 20% THC then thats it, you'll never get past that no matter what crazy nute you give it.

There are also a whole range of cannaboids in cannabis that produce the highs and what not associated with smoking it.

Some plants do not have the highest THC content but are still mind blowing...take Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze..2 time Cannabis Cup winner. Not the highest THC but very potent it has a high CBN level which helps trigger the THC high.

4. Alot of good info.

5. There could be, less trichomes but each one had higher cannabinoid content
    or
    more trichomes, but each had a much lower cannabinoid content