Does my plant look healthy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheEvilBain, Oct 9, 2010.

1. LMAO Agreed Paint is way faster lol

2. #22 TheEvilBain, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    Here is a picture of my plant since the last ones. It looks better but still looks droopy a bit to me. i dont know if its because its getting bigger or if the shock has done something to it. The room does get alittle warm. Stays between 87F to 92F I have a little computer fan blowing on the lights and I open the door and point a fan in the room (not on the plant) to drop the temp to around 87f. Some of the leaves kinda curl down.

[​IMG]

3. Looks good bud, looks like the humidity may be high, but as long as shes green, not too droopy, and growing each day-week, thats usually good indication.

4. #24 TheEvilBain, Oct 13, 2010
    Thank you :) She will be a month old on the 19th I need to some how lower the humidity. I opened a window right by the room and I have a fan in front of the window blowing it into the room I also have a small computer fan that blows the air from the room into the box and the top is open since I figured heat rises. The bad thing is my room is 7ft by 7ft about and has a hot water heater in it and no windows so it gets warm. My wife would kill me if I cut any holes in the wall lol.

5. Those temps are too high. That plant would grow a lot faster with temps 75-80. Plant growth slows way down past 85 without more light or Co2. She is using a lot of energy to transpire and keep cool. If you dropped the temps sh would use the energy for growth rather then trying to keep cool. Is that foil in the background?

6. #26 TheEvilBain, Oct 13, 2010
    Yea I put foil around it and I tried taking it off last week when I did that it started wilting again:eek: I dont know why but it did. I know the temps are too high Im going to try and figure out a way to keep it cool maybe ill take all the foil down and see what happends Ill send you a pic if it changes. The box I make has foil around it to keep the light in but I think its keeping to much heat in.

Edit
    I took the tin foil down from around it I know its a ghetto set up guys but dont have alot of cash at the moment. The thing you see above the two lights hanging is my temp gadge. Room temp is now 76.2F How many 6500k bulbs should I have for 1 plant and How should they be positioned? I also Have 2 2700k bulbs for when I start flowering but I would imagine if I need more 6500k bulbs I will need more 2700k bulbs. (I sure hope this isnt a male :( I used some seeds Ive had so chances are high it will be a male)

[​IMG]

7. Looks alright, a little short for a month but not too bad. I think you are either keeping the temp too high, humidity too high or it's just the plant.

CFLs are nice but remember the more watts the better. It might just be transplant shock too....

8. I think your right it could be transplant shock. The CLFs are 100 watt output and 23 normal watts i believe It was getting too hot now its at 78F since I took the foil off.

9. I think your right it could be transplant shock. The CLFs are 100 watt output and 23 normal watts i believe It was getting too hot now its at 78F since I took the foil off.

10. #30 Imalittleteapot, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    The plant will grow faster for you at 78* for sure. If your running the 23w bulbs I would use 4-5 6500k for veg and 5-6 2700k for flowering. Also hang the cfl sideways. The plants will love you for it.

Also... Put the thermometer at the top of the canopy. Room temp doesn't matter much because it could be way hotter under those lights then te room temp.

11. Ok so I changed my grow room up a little bit and took alot of advice from you guys thank you again for everything. I know this is perfect but its a start. I have two single 100 out put watt daylight CLF and 2 florecent bulbs plugged and a fan plugged into a serge protector. Do you guys think that is too much for one outlet? Then for the main light on the celing I put 2 100 watt output CLFs in that as well I figured it might add a little more light to the room i beleive all the single CLF bulbs use 23 watts . Thanks again for all your guys help.

[​IMG]

On a diffrent note my wife would like to grow a tomatoes plant and a lettuce and broccoli plant in the same room will this effect my grow or will it be ok?

12. you get more light output from the sides of the bulbs as opposed to the very top...many growers have vegetables, herbs, etc... along with thier plants just watch the humidity....

13. Im trying to figure out a way to mount my bulbs sideways. Ive had my lights on for 24 hours a day but Ive been reading I should only have them on for like 20hrs a day is that true? If so I was going to set my timer to lights on 4am and off at 12am

14. Everything looks great. Take a close up pic of the plant. Does it look like she likes the new set up? I have also heard a dark period can be good because it mimics nature. I personally run 24/0 and have no intentions on switching any time soon. My plants grow fast and are very healthy. I might one day just not right now.

15. #35 TheEvilBain, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    She might not be healthy for long. I noticed mildew/mold on the top of the soil I dont think I had very good soil it was outside in the weather since july in the bag i also noticed some bugs in the soil so I bought some scotts soil and transplanted it :( Im hoping it will take but Im sceptical. I have 3 seeds ready to go. I noticed my stems on my plant had some read on it. Also noticed the leaves still curled under No yellow spots though. I also put it in a bigger pot and added some gravel. However I might have sent it to the death bed. I guess trial and error. Im not good with the whole PH, Humidty, Elements and all that stuff. I started growing the plant before I did research or anything I thought it was like a normal plant didnt realize all that went into it. Thats why I used the soil I had left over.