Does my location prohibit me from growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Wintees', Dec 18, 2009.

1. Hi I live in northern Minnesota, I've wanted to grow for a few years. But Due to living in an apartment I can't really grow indoors (Landlord lives above me). I do have land but I don't want to invest in seeds unless I know if it is possible to grow a successful harvest.

Thanks, Wintees'

2. Um then tell us about the land, because im sure you could get some bagseed.

3. Well the land Ive been scouting is secluded woodland with many medows, There is a small alder swamp in it too. I was thinking of using the hard wood grove (oak and maple trees). But the main thing is will the climate stunt and or kill my plants?

4. i'm not that experienced of a grower but from what i have learned so far your best bet, as far as weather is concerned, may be to go with an indica or something that you know the flowering time of. you could also attempt to do a mass grow of autoflowers or something. those things are done in about two months and should be done long before i gets cold if you plant them early enough.

5. Ya I would not think it is cool to grow in an apartment. To answer your question Yes you can grow outside if you wish. I think that the largest issue for you is that you do not have a long summer. Just stick with the growing season Climate of Minnesota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. You need a strain that can finish in early October. When you select your strain I would look for something that is from the Indica family that will finsih early. Afghani #1 is a suggestion Sensi Seeds Afghani #1, but look around and pick a strain that you want to smoke. AK 48 is another good early finishing strain.

Ya you could grow some autoflower strain, but that would be pricey if you were trying to grow a significant number of plants (more than 10). The reason for this is that you can not clone the autoflower strains. so what I would suggest is that you germinate in your apartment and take clones there. You can build a nice little cubby for all this. You just need a box. Take your clones out to your location and there you go. Just a suggestion, good luck with whatever you do.

6. #6 NYC Diesel, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
    Ok well in my opinion, you can grow whatever strain you want. But before you choose, go to the spot around 12 pm and see where there is the best light exposure. If even the best spot has limited exposure, then i would go for an indica dominant strain because they utuilize that space better than a sativa. If you're going to wait for the spring to grow, then around february/march start to treat the soil to your own preferences. Putting fish in the soil is a GREAT way to feed your plant, and also putting a little foliage deep down wont hurt either. Add soil if wanted, or just water with molasses and ferts about once a week. Dig up the soil make sure it is nice and sifted, and dig up any big rocks or roots under where you're going to grow. Also, checking the pH of the soil before you plant there is essential(6-7 is optimal), and can easily be adjusted if you do it right. About a day or so before you plant, rip up all the plants about a 3 foot radius from the plant, but don't toss them. Leaving the dead plants and maybe even putting some leaves on the spot will help make your grow spot less noticeable.

P.S. Around march you can look online or on weather websites to find when the last frost of the winter will be in your area. After that date, you are free to start your grow!

7. Thank you for the information. You saved me alot of time.

~Wintees'

8. no problem. if you have any more questions feel free to pm me