Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does my bulimia make smoking weed dangerous?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by candyfruitfly, Jul 4, 2011.

1. okay so I've been bulimic for about a year and before that I had a pretty good relationship with weed lol but ever since I started smoking again this summer I notice my reaction to it is much different. I feel light headed, like everything's a cartoon, can't do simple tasks people do fine when their high, and almost on the edge of hallucinating. I enjoy it but at the same time I'm sorta tripping from feeling like I'm dying! Anyway my bulimia has gotten to it's altime worst, purging around 3 times a day, I've heard bulimia can make people have low blood pressure and I've looked up my experience with weed and found I may be experiencing what people would call a "whitey" and this is actually caused by low blood pressure. weed lowers blood pressure even more so am I putting myself in danger by smoking weed due to my bulimia? I know bulimia itself is dangerous and life threatening but is weed making it worse? Sorry if I'm wrong about BP in relevance to marijuana, I'm not that well educated about it besides reading what Google has to say about it:p

2. Well it will make you eat.
    I dont know if you throw it up or eat too much that's for you to know but marijuana will induce hunger for the most part.

3. It's not like I binge and purge more when I'm high, it's the same amount. Just the blood pressure thing sorta freaks me out.

4. #4 dirtridge, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    Well, very low blood pressure can cause you to fall asleep at random points of the day, be dizzy or light headed, lose balance, faint. If you're dealing with bulimia and its issues, though, low blood pressure is not your biggest health issue.

EDIT: Your bulimia doesn't make weed dangerous, it makes your bulimia dangerous.

5. Stop smoking and go see a therapist. Geez.

6. well yeah my girlfriend never eats cause shes a dumbass and she gets stupid when she is high (also kind of when shes sober...) just freaking eat and maintain a normal weight! it wont make you fat it will make you normal weight! hesus!
    TIP: Work off calories and shit by working out...thats probably the healthiest thing you can do.

7. Do you mean blood sugar when you say blood pressure? I would be more worried about fluctuation blood sugar levels with bulimia and smoking.

8. I agree. You should be worrying about low blood sugar because it is most likely what's causing you to borderline hallucinate, and has the potential to make you pass out. Also, you are probably dehydrated so you should should be drinking more water.

And lastly, please go get some help. Admitting you have a problem is the start and it may be hard to recover but it'll be well worth it in the long run.

9. Why don't you stop throwing up? I thought bulimia is when low lifes throw up because they think being skinny will make people like them. Or is that something else?

10. contrary to what most people think, eating disorders don't just have to do with weight (although that is how most start out), it is much more complex then that. The more it evolves the more mental it becomes, you literally begin to have no control over your eating disorder even when you want to stop. Yes, the rational thing to do would be to follow a healthy diet & exercise plan but in a mind of someone with an eating disorder it's not that easy. Also most bulimics don't even lose weight, some maintain, but most actually gain weight.

11. Ben, eating disorders are complicated! There are psychological, environmental and genetic factors involved! I just added a section on bulimia to my home List (GC will get in a month or so).

Association study of cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) alleles and anorexia nervosa: differences between restricting and binging/purging subtypes. (abst – 2004)
    \tAssociation study of cannabinoid receptor gene (CN... [Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2004] - PubMed result

Blood levels of the endocannabinoid anandamide are increased in anorexia nervosa and in binge-eating disorder, but not in bulimia nervosa. (full – 2005)
    \tNeuropsychopharmacology - Blood Levels of the Endocannabinoid Anandamide are Increased in Anorexia Nervosa and in Binge-Eating Disorder, but not in Bulimia Nervosa

Role of endocannabinoids and their analogues in obesity and eating disorders.
    \t(abst – 2008)
    Role of endocannabinoids and their analogues in ob... [Eat Weight Disord. 2008] - PubMed result

Elevated cannabinoid 1 receptor mRNA is linked to eating disorder related behavior and attitudes in females with eating disorders. (abst – 2009)
    \tElevated cannabinoid 1 receptor mRNA is linked to ... [Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2009] - PubMed result

Association of CNR1 and FAAH endocannabinoid gene polymorphisms with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: evidence for synergistic effects. (abst – 2009)
    Association of CNR1 and FAAH endocannabinoid gene ... [Genes Brain Behav. 2009] - PubMed result

The genetics of eating disorders. (abst – 2011)
    \tThe genetics of eating disorders. [Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed result

In eating disorders, the endocannabinoid system is all messed up! You don't know about the endocannabinoid system, do you? :confused_2: If not, read this from FOXNEWS (FOX, so you know it's simple! :p )

Are You Cannabis Deficient? (news - 2010)
    \tMarijuana Compound Treats Multiple Health Issues - FoxNews.com

Well, the CB1 receptors are the ones that get you high! :smoking: OK, NOW I have your attention! lol Candy, hon, you are physically sick due to genetics, environmental factors and the American diet- you are not "bad"! (I'm tired, so I'm taking a lazy way out to explain it all to you.) See post # 18!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/848902-tired-my-dumb-sister-2.html

Besides getting you high, CB1 controls appetite (munchies and more), and even the nursing reflex in infants. It helps kill cancer. Gets rid of IBS and Crohns and more things you aren't interested in, now. ;)

For me, I don't know why cannabis helps me medically, but the more I learn about MMJ, the more I am amazed how humans and cannabis "fit together"!:smoke:

Hon, read the post. I hope it will set off your intellectual curiosity so that you will be encouraged enough to read Dr. Russo's "Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency".

Take good care of yourself!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey girl just wanna say that you should really try to get help. I have dealt with eating disorders too and I gotta tell you that it can really make you very ill. I wish I could go back in time and get help when I was a teen. I'm in my late 20's now and my body is still suffering the consequences. I even lost fertility for a while completely and now I ovulate about 3 times per year on average. I want to have a baby so badly and my chances are very very slim. I am so thankful that I became a mom at a very young age because if it didn't happen back then, I would never have any children.

Please do your future self a favor and take good care of your body. You need it to carry you through many years of life, family, friends, children, grandchildren, and if you're healthy, even great grand children.