Does music hurt animals?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicious, Jan 5, 2008.

1. I'm straight jamming, hurts me even, but my cat could sleep through a nuke right now.... I dont want to hurt his fragile ears.

2. ehh, i used to jam with my dog all the time

however the past few weeks have been rough, i cant turn my amp past 4 before someone calls the cops

then again, i play bass, and shit rattles

3. my sub blew out, so my music world is different and dull now.

4. i would think a cat would run away if it hurt its ears i know dogs have really good hearing and most dont like loud music but it depends on the animal i have a bearded dragon, a lizard hes like almost 2 ft and looks like a small dinosaur but w/e they are pretty much deaf but can hear deep bass or if like a garbage truck drives by the house idk if he feels virbration or what but he def gets freaked out

5. Headphones man.

6. my friend's dog starts yelping when hew plays trumpet. I guess it depends on the pitch.

7. The room my buddies and I practice in throws out about 900 watts, not including the PA and the drum set. Once a week, you can hear us down the street and some of the neighbour kids have mentioned being able to hear it from their bedrooms. We've all got to wear fitted -25 decibel earplugs else we'll have ringing ears into the next day.

And not once, in 3 years, have the cops been called. Thats some tough shit, man. :( I hope things get better. Why has it only been the past couple of weeks? New neighbours?

Edit: Completely forgot. As for the original post... I jam with my dogs in there sometimes and they don't seem to like it. This is only with the bass going, mind you. Low volume, too. Don't know if it causes them any harm, but they fucking hate it.

8. My cat and dog dont seem to give a shit one way or the other.

But whenever I play Dead Kennedys, my ferret goes fucking apeshit. Its kind of bizarre, she doesnt really care about the TV noise or most music. But put on the Dead Kennedys and she's bouncing off the walls.

Maybe i should get her a mohawk and a little leather jacket.

9. its prolly the vocalist, the way he sings is prolly to weird. lol, DK gets on my nerves if i listen to em to much.

10. my dog doesn't mind loud music, but he start wiggin out if I put the phone to his ears.