Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does MJ go bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ohnk, Jul 1, 2010.

1. I bought some dank about a week ago. Usually I put it in pill bottles, but i just kept it in the plastic bag. When I first got it, it smelled great, but now it's starting to smell pretty sick. Just wondering if it can go bad in a week. I've never had this problem. Thanks GC!

2. I dunno my guess would be that every time you open the container new air comes into it and it's curing it more or something..

3. yes it can. from what i have experienced, it tends to dry out and crumble. as if it was a sugar cube kind of crumble if that makes sense. its still smokable but might be a little harsh. also, the more times you open the bag/bottle or whatever u use and let air get to it, the faster it will go bad.

EDIT: Also, if it smells bad, check for mold. just go on google and search mold on weed or something and you can see pics of what it looks like. if its moldy, DO NOT smoke it. it can be toxic.

4. Never heard of weed going bad in a week... even in a ziplock bag.

Is it moldy?

5. It's not bad after 1 week but i'm guessing it's pretty dry...

6. Good weed doesn't really go bad. I've smoked a bud that I had lost for 3 years and I didn't have a problem with it. It got me FUCKED UP. Now, it can get moldy, and if it smells bad, it might be. If it's moldy, don't smoke it. I've had weed that wasn't dried properly that got moldy just a couple of days after I bought it.

7. ive never really experience bad bud and ive smoked bud that was over 2 months old and in a ziplock. it was dry and the smoke was harsh but it def got me very high.

8. Nope, it will not go bad unless you keep it in a moist place and only put it in a plastic bag.

If you put it in a mason jar, as long as the air inside the jar is dry, it can last forever.

9. You only have to worry about mold.

10. Herb doesn't "go bad" but it does dry out, leaving for a very unpleasant smoking experience once smoked. Mold can destroy your herb, and air is a true enemy. Always keep your herb in a airtight container like a mason jar to protect it for extended periods of time.

11. Mason Jar.
    Problem solved.

12. It will stay good in pill bottles for like a year I think. As long as its not exposed to air. But it does go bad after a long time.

13. To all of you who say it doesn't go bad other than mold; you are wrong.

THC degrades over time. It's a very slow process but bud that's been stored perfectly for many years will be less potent than it was when it was first cured.

14. i was waiting to see this answer... otherwise i woulda posted it myself. but that won't happen in a week... it might have been damp and grown some mold on it... that would smell... the bud i'm smokin now was harvested last october... so as long as it's stored properly it won't get moldy, this stuff is perfectly fine.

15. last night me and my friends smoked some shake that was over 2 months old and i got us pretty high even though it looked like crap and hit harsh. just check for mold youll be fine.