Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does marijuana truly cause memory loss?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thereddfoxx12, Jan 25, 2011.

1. If you smoke everyday all day please do not vote on this poll, because we all know it is a symptom of being high. I am more interested in whether you get memory loss while you are not high as a result of smoking. My theory is that it depends on the person and their brain chemistry. So yeah, I am trying to see how many of you daily tokers out there get memory loss as a result.

2. Meh, sometimes my memory retrieval is a little slower while sober, I don't really feel the effects. Although, I haven't taken a break in about a year and a half straight, so take that for what it's worth.

3. i forgot what i was gonna type in here..

4. No, your memory is only "slow" when you are under the effects of Cannabis (high). It doesn't do anything to me when im sober.

5. Yeah I take t-breaks every month, I also have a theory that smoking daily over a long period of time causes some issues. So I try to get it out of my system occasionally.

6. Not memory loss, slowness maybe the day after. Usually it's just monging out for a day after getting stoned

7. In long term no, when I´m high I´ve dat "what was I saying" moment, but in general my memery has improved so... no.

8. Actual memory loss? Probably not, though its hard to tell.

9. No actual memory loss with cannabis...
    Xanax is another story.

10. When i high, which is most days all day due to no work.

i cant remember a damn thing.

but when im not high like now, my memory is fine.

but i loose things like a muther fucker because of how baked i get lol.

11. Yeah that doesn't count for the sake of what I am interested in knowing. Maybe you should try a vape though, it takes out the memory loss aspect for me.

12. I have memory loss because I'm getting older...seriously doubt that has anything to do with cannabis use...

and I've got a lot of old forgetful fuckers around me who don't smoke to prove it.

13. I think it actually does cause minor short term memory loss. There have been various occasions through the days where I just can't remember things.

14. People always say that, and for a while I thought it was true, but one day I realized that everyone forgets stuff now and then, and if a non-toker would forget something, you dont make a big deal out of it, but if a toker forgets something, the first thing to come to mind is "you're a stoner, of course your memory sucks".

15. I dont belive it, im in college and do alright in all my classses and I smoke everynight

16. No, it takes over the receptors and transmitters in the part of the brain that has to do with memory. Here's the funny thing, it doesn't cause memory loss, but when you're high the weed basically tells your brain to delete new information, it literally goes in one ear and out the other without a chance to be stored in your memory.

As of now there are no long term side affects.

17. Yeah but have you tried not smoking every night and seeing how your grades are then? You need a control group in any experiment to arrive at any conclusion. For all you know you could have a 4.0 if you never smoked. I'm not saying thats true, just playing Devil's Avocado.

18. Well, i mean if, i guess it could if, maybe, uhh, what are we talking about again?

19. yeh when you harvest mind and get mason jars;)

hope this helps

peace....................................:smoke:

20. Who ever said it causes memory loss? As far as I know it just stops the encoding of short term memories into long term memories, but if its something important you'll be able to remember it.