Does Marijuana impact your Soul?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Jaxson_, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I mean, obviously, I think the answer is yes. But I was curious about other perspectives.. Does smoking weed impact your soul? Is it good or bad for your soul? When God created marijuana, did He intend for everyone to smoke it? I’ve always heard that our eyes are windows to our soul. Obviously, weed changes our eyes when using it, so does that mean that it’s changing our soul? Do you guys feel like any other things in life can affect us spiritually? (Music, television, etc.)

2. Your pre-defined criteria assuming creation and some phenomenon called a soul precludes rational discussion of Cannabis' psychoactive properties.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yeah I meant to clarify that I know there isn’t scientific evidence of a soul or anything but I also didn’t post this to debate whether or not a soul is real. Simply put, do you believe that smoking weed changes your soul, IF you believe we have a soul.

4. I believe the administration of this web form should decide if they think they need a "Religion and Weed" subforum, where one of the rules states that creationist dogma is accepted as fact and contrary viewpoints are not allowed.

Otherwise, you'll just have to argue with me, and we know how that's going to to end up.

5. I’m completely fine and capable of defending my beliefs, so no, I’m not sure if you do understand how it would end up. Quite frank, it takes more faith to not believe in a God than to actually believe that maybe we weren’t just put on earth as a coincidence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. I think the herb has a positive impact on the soul for most of us because it usually helps us get a more chilled out and happy/friendly state of mind.

Side note regarding "a 'Religion and Weed' subforum": I think this is in the religion subforum already. :apache:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Side note regarding full reading comprehension: My statement included a reference to certain rules being required for this discussion.

8. Which rules are you referring to?

J

9. Science is very important and has brought much good to mankind. That said, there is a lot that science doesn't understand and can't prove.

For example, spontaneous combustion (with humans)

We know it happens, just don't know why.

Whether it's God, UFO'S, Bigfoot; most humans think like this:

"If i haven't seen it, than it doesn't exist"

It's cool, I get it. I'm just way too open minded to limit myself; my learning, my experiences that way. Even traditional religion is too limiting to my spiritual awareness. I have achieved spiritual freedom along with my awakening.

But I certainly understand narrow minded people and how they perceive our material world. It's just kind of sad.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Yes by smoking it you sell your soul to the devil and agree to suck his scaly pecker for all eternity

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. One could say it brings the idea of the soul into view. Not because it can't be experienced without it, but it helps to shift perspective and release what otherwise gets in the way of knowing we are more than a lump of meat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cannabis is probably one of the best things for the soul. Its a gateway to expanding consciousness when combined with other natural goods.

Rules prevent me of speaking about the psychedelic experience too much. However just know that cannabis is a perspective enhancer as well.

Cannabis can make you question things you would have never actually questioned before. Some people can't handle it and get really paranoid. Your mind definitely starts drawing connections with heavier usage and higher doses.

There's a reason why Rastafarians call it the healing of the nation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. a "soul" is one of the most dead concepts in religious belief. They can't even explain what it is besides "you"

We have studied many many cases of head trauma that has completely changed someone. Some people became religious, some completely lost any religious belief they previously had. Some don't remember who they were at all. Your brain activity is what makes you "you", there is no "soul". Once brain activity is gone, you ceases to be

they have re-created "near death experiences as well with the centrifuge tests. Blood drains from your brain and you black out, people wake up talking about seeing a bright light, walking behind themselves etc etc It wasn't their soul leaving, it was their brain panicking and its activity going crazy, if the blood would have never returned it would have been brain death

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. That's what makes it "the" core component to religion: Can't explain. Magical properties. Just gotta believe. What better way to conceptualize the inextricable, unquestionable tie between religious dogma and practice?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. #15 esseff, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Well now. There are very few things we can really say for sure. But one thing that can be said for certain is that you exist. We'll leave aside what this 'you' idea might be for the moment. But you exist. No question. And existence has only one property...to exist. Existence can never become non-existence because non-existence doesn't exist. So if you exist you always will exist. The form existence takes can change of course, but existence exists. Period. Science says energy cannot be created or destroyed, it only changes form, so they are already in this ball park.

It's not necessary to define what existence actually is, only that it is. You are. I am. To decide anything else is just an assumption. So, while ideas of the soul, afterlife, near death experience, are just that for many, unless you experience these things and know for yourself, anything else is just the rest of us attempting to imagine what others have experienced and deciding something about it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Right. There were many things that once seemed magical to man that are now understood and accepted as part of the natural world. So will these things at some point. Quantum theory is revealing much that ties in spirituality's ideas with the real world, but it is still the experience we have that best defines what 'real' actually is. In many ways nothing is real except our experience of it, and it is our experience that changes us, defines us.

people will argue til the cows come home about other people's beliefs. That's fine. Nobody has to convince anyone else about anything.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I disagree adamantly. Religion is a scourge that needs to be vanquished from the planet forever. If it happens naturally due to pure common sense over many years to come, that's fine. If it happens more quickly, with the Pope, his minions and leaders of every other sect the world over being denigrated, ostracized and abandoned wholesale, that's good too. :love-m3j:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Not sure what you're disagreeing with exactly, but in any case, your answer is a little cynical.

I get what you're saying though, as there are many aspects of the way certain religions can be that would perhaps be better if they went. But religion is just a way for people to take a step towards something else, so getting too hung up over its failings just closes things down too much.

We are still quite primitive really, so I have a feeling this kind of religion will evolve into something realer. In many ways it is not religion's fault but man's control of it. Man is the issue. Maybe he needs to go. ;)

19. And you think I am cynical?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. What Soul?