does light matter?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by harmless smoker, Apr 25, 2008.

1. so this is my first grow and im 7 weeks into it and im wondering about a couple of things. oh yeah and its a confirmed girl i see hairs everywhere booo yahhhh

watering-whenever soil is dry so roughly once every 2-3 days
    weed-bagseed
    vegetative stage-6 weeks, light 24/7
    flowering stage first week into it-light on timer 12/12
    orchid nutes-25-10-10 during vegetative stage only added nutes three times during veg stage.
    now using miracle gro ultra bloom 15-30-15.only added it once couple of days ago
    temp-day 23,night 20
    humidity-day 55,night 55ish
    water is mostly bottled water or distilled bottles ph usually stays around 6.2
    soil-ProMix seeding and potting soil-itts an orange bag and has worked perfect

the leaves of new growth only out of the center and the higher fanleaves were yellowing at the tips and twisting a bit, but it seems to be going away i was trying to figure it out for a while but couldnt think of it and figured it was magnesium def.

anyways my question is. if the light is off during its night time and i open the door to my room and light gets it but not a lot will that affect it? becuase its off when i wake up in the morning and some light gets in when i open the door(i have the window covered up), i was just wondering how muhc would that effect it?

if there is any info i left out, to help you, help me solve the yellowing on the tips of the leaves please ask.

2. sorry i forgot to mention im using 2x96 watt, 3 foot watt cfl's and the colour spectrum is at 6500K, but they are the U shaped kind they were originally meant for a fish tank.

3. you dont want light during the night period but if you mean just for a minute, i dont think it will hurt much

4. thanks, yeah just a couple of seconds at a time to get shit in my room

5. Yea, you want to avoid it as much as possible during the veg stage. During flowering stage it is much more important not to have ANY light leaks as this can cause plants not to flower, or even hermie.