Does it bother you that you eat MSG?

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, May 31, 2009.

1. well, yes. Because Chinese food is fucking great. If you don't eat Chinese food, you don't live.

2. That's good!

I'm just trying to make sure that people don't believe everything they read on the web. It's not a matter of opinion. Sites like that are dangerous, because they give people misinformation about serious diseases.

It is not ok to make people believe that their asthma/autism/breast cancer may have been caused by MSG, when they can provide NO proof of it at all. It's not ok to make people believe that their asthma/autism/breast cancer might be cured if they cut out MSG from their diets.

If you read that site thoroughly there's a lots of "may be caused by" and "may be linked to" but no solid evidence.

The food that MSG is found (restaurant/processed food) in is unhealthy in general. It's not unhealthy because of the MSG, it's just bad for you.

3. How do you feel about Obama and his War on Drugs by Another Name?

It's your opinion that misinformation (in your opinion) is dangerous.

Prove to me there's proof of anything.

4. First air fresheners, now MSG!

I don't care. I'll eat them till I die. Life is too short to worry all the time.

5. HAsnt bothered me yet

6. did you know smoking gives you cancer?

7. [​IMG]

8. For all the people saying "we're gonna die anyway" don't you want to live that life with energy and vitality rather than possible brain dysfunctions?

9. This is a drug forum, people risk more in one night than MSG will do in a lifetime.

I say pick your battles, and it seems many have chosen, but we have not all picked the same.

10. I try to avoid all food with a substantial amount of additives/enhancers aswell. But when you are in a rush or out with people, it is hard to be picky.

11. LMAOOO!!!! HELLL NAHH !!! :wave: lmaooo. funny as hell xD:smoking:

I honestly would & wouldn't mind. I'd be inbetween, but yeah. I don't know much about it, but i say i eat out somewhat alot, but it's not like fast foods, mostly restaraunts n stuff. I feel perfectly normal. =D

12. #32 Gloom, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    MSG has been consumed by humans for a very long time, don't you think it is strange that just recently it has become a problem?

I will examine the website in more detail when I have more time though...

13. Dont be scurred. Nothin wrong with it, plus its TASTY!

14. this makes the war on drugs make it look like the government dont know wtf they are doing :p

15. Doesn't take that much to realize that.

But I don't care if I eat MSG. It's in everything. If it was only in a couple things, I'd try to cut it down. But it's in everything, so fuck it, I lost. Plus, I smoke Cigarettes, Kools at that, so it's fairly obvious I don't give a damn about my shell.

My girlfriend is Vegan though and always bitches about msg (and everything else she can, I think), it's good to know what it's in now.

16. bingo! well put.

17. I'm not going to get in a philosophical loop with you. There's science and there's scare mongering, and that website is scare mongering.

If you want to believe it all, that's fine, nothing bad will come out of avoiding processed restaurant food.

18. The thread was simply to ask others what they thought, not to say a website scared me.

19. and I'm telling you what I think :p

I know you're not scared by it... my comments aren't directed towards you personally. But you did give a link to a website, so I'm assuming you wanted opinions on it.

I'm just saying that msgtruth.org general is a scare-mongering type of resource. You'll find them on anything... vaccines, wheat, dairy, preservatives, cosmetics, meat hormones, etc, etc, etc. And most of the "facts" they give are completely unprovable.

I'm not saying there's no validity to any of it, but sites like this are very one sided, and if you look deep enough they are often just marketing ploys or ways of generating advertising $$

20. It bothers me and I don't seek out food with a ton of msg, but I DO eat it. Everything in moderation.